Stubby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got a black stubby antenna to continue the black and silver theme on my mc. I wasn't happy with it. It was offset a tad, the finish felt cheap, it didn't line up with the chrome piece holding it together, and it didn't have the correct adapters to screw it into the housing. Little to say I sent it back.
Does anyone have a link I can use to get a reliable stubby from?
I was thinking about just putting the stock one back on cutting it half way and dippin it. (Can't take credit for that one I read it on here someplace)
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a little black carbon fiber one I bought and never used if you are interested. Has 3 adaptors and sleeves to go on smooth. Like 5 inched long I think? Still in the case.

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Johnny you mind sending me a picture of your carbon fiber one? I like that recon one too. I would like to try and stick with black

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 7" one. It's sort of a tan color. Want to see a pic?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2006 Ram 1500 SLT Megacab
5.7/auto/4wd
2" lift,33's,minor exhaust tweak. (For now)

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Johnny you mind sending me a picture of your carbon fiber one? I like that recon one too. I would like to try and stick with black

Its similar to this one. If you're interested let me know. maybe $7 shipped? I think i paid $15 for it. not exactly a pricey item.lol

Attachments

• antenna.JPG
    antenna.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 30

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It must be nice to no have to worry about going into parking garages, or other low clearance areas. A practice from back when I had a lifted jeep wrangler on 35's, the top of the factory antenna is the highest point of the vehicle... If it touches the roof, I stop immediately, and back up.

Shorty antenna's do look nice. I wish I didn't have to worry about hitting the roof, I would get one too, especially since I don't use regular radio.

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its similar to this one. If you're interested let me know. maybe $7 shipped? I think i paid $15 for it. not exactly a pricey item.lol

I had all the same adapters in my stubby I just sent back. I couldn't get it to thread into my antenna base. I don't know what the problem is......adapters wouldn't quite work and the base looked like dog **** so that for sure wasn't happening.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had all the same adapters in my stubby I just sent back. I couldn't get it to thread into my antenna base. I don't know what the problem is......adapters wouldn't quite work and the base looked like dog **** so that for sure wasn't happening.

good luck, I think there is an actual vendor on here selling higher quality versions. I had just bought mine for the heck of it and never put it on. My aftermarket fenders don't have a antenna hole or provision.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
good luck, I think there is an actual vendor on here selling higher quality versions. I had just bought mine for the heck of it and never put it on. My aftermarket fenders don't have a antenna hole or provision.
Would love it if you could point me in the right direction always wanted a stubby antenna heard they don't work the best though

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956