Swapping in sliding rear glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemipig

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am thinking about having a sliding rear window glass swapped into my 2003 1500. Is it true that all 02-08 rear glass pieces will interchange?

Also are there any leak issues when taking out the rear glass that came from the factory and swapping it out for another one? Any possible leak issues from the sliding portion?

Where should I go to have it installed if I decide to do it?

Here is a 06 glass I'm looking at
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/5651622275.html

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yes, they will.

The unit actually comes together as one, glass and motor. I broke a cable once. I had full glass coverage on my insurance. I called them and told them my window had broke. They asked if the glass was broken, if not, they couldn't do it. So I said, yes, I said it was broke.. went out and shot it out with a BB gun! haha

They came and replaced it for me the next day. It was my 07 Mega and I had the entire back panel out and ready for them when they got there. Brought 2 guys to do the job, they were so happy to find that I had prepped the truck and I told them I'd put it back together. HUGE task.

Good luck! :)

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's funny. I'm wanting to put solid glass in my truck for a more clean look.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I got my truck it had a broken rear slider. I changed mine to a solid glass. A couple things, If you do not have a single cab, a manual rear slider is useless (you can't reach it while in the drivers seat), they are easy to break into, they also (said above), obstruct your view.

Personally, I say, it isn't worth it... Now, a power slider, or power rear window, I think is cool.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
How hard of a swap is this? I'd love to get a sliding back glass manual of course being a SC and all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk