Tail light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alright so over the last several months i have had to swap the middle light bulb on the left tail light at least 4 times because after a while it would fry..each time i would get the "light out" warning and once the bulb was replaced, it would go away (nothing unusual there obviously)...recently, the bulb didn't go out but i got the warning again, i checked and with the headlights turned on, all bulbs all the way around the truck were fine but once the brake is pushed, the same problematic bulb stays lit but does not get brighter like it should with the brake being pushed...i took out the bulb and put it back in, everything returned to normal..i just got back from an errand right now and its doing the same exact thing when the brake is pressed...any ideas what could be causing this? im thinking of replacing the light circuit board.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this has happened to me. My bulbs kept melting then burning out. On my third bulb it finally melted the circuit board so i replaced it. Think i found one on ebay payed $16 for it new.. Its been a year and i havent had a problem since. I was thinking at the time what if the bulb didn't burn out and it didnt stop at the circuit board and then fried the wires that were touching that wire i would have been sol.. I tend to keep an eye on it just in case. Good luck.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd pay a little extra and grab a dorman brand from a parts store. No wait and it'll come with a lifetime warranty. I replaced one today on my buddies '04 that was doing the same thing as yours

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yeah its the board issue. I had mine replaced under warranty a few years back.