Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I got some pretty dark tint, but thinking about removing it and putting darker on. Whoever did it kind of sucked cause they cut it pretty uneven, few small spots that got missed around the corners

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
5% in the rear. Double layer 20% on the side windows. 35% full windshield and 5% window strip. Not as dark as some brands but its the UV protection that i was wanting and its a big difference.

Windshield - Before
4844093509_550f65c8d7_b.jpg

Windshield - After
5336614461_6fdc1b8747_b.jpg

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I want to go a little darker than factory on mine, but to be brutally honest, the factory tint has been better than any other tint I have had on any of my vehicles at keeping the sun out. Is it darker, no, but when its 110+ out my arms dont get burnt. If I do get anything though I want to get the Viper Tough Skin tint on the windows to match the rear and call it a day. If I go much darker over the rear I wont be able to see out of it when leaving early in the morning before it gets light out. Been there, done that, not doing it again,

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for all the wonderful replies, I got some new ideas from you guys.

I think I am going to go tint the truck tomorrow hopefully, I am going to call in and see if the front windsheild costs more

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
5% in the rear. Double layer 20% on the side windows. 35% full windshield and 5% window strip. Not as dark as some brands but its the UV protection that i was wanting and its a big difference.

Windshield - Before
4844093509_550f65c8d7_b.jpg

Windshield - After
5336614461_6fdc1b8747_b.jpg

Was going to do this but pa inspection sticker will screw me

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Dark as ****. Haha. I had 5% up front and 20 over factory in the rear and it matched good on my last truck, so I am guessing 20 and 20 is close to 5, so 20 and 5 is like 2%?

I knew one guy with double 5. If it didn't have headlights pointed at you, you didn't see it at night.

yea mines pretty bad at night. ive gotten used to it though. during the day with sun coming in the windsheid you still cant see in my windows at all from the outside. and people that ride with me during the day really like the tint. its more comfortable in the truck with it.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Got a fix it ticket on i-10 from phx to tuscon. Strange is that the Highway Patrol was parked in the medium and my drivers side window was fully down with the pass window half down. It was about an hour after sunset too. Maybe i stuck out like a sore thumb going 5 under in the slow lane.

Could only imagine what was going through his mind when he came up on the passenger side. I have no pass seat and in its place was boxes and whole bunch of dodge crap from a GTG today. Bed had my truck's carpet.

Anyway the tint measured 10% on his reader and gave me a fix it ticket and sent me on my way.

Did not question the 35% windshield.

So going to remove the side windows tint and replace with legal.

Last edited:

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
Yeah and i normally go the scenic route than the highway but i knew what i was getting in to so can't blame anyone than my self.

Ironic is that i just had my full A/C pulled yesterday too. Thank goodness she is not a DD lol.

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
i got 20 on mine but the back is 15. our limit here in GA is 35 +/-3 for the doors

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Got a fix it ticket on i-10 from phx to tuscon. Strange is that the Highway Patrol was parked in the medium and my drivers side window was fully down with the pass window half down. It was about an hour after sunset too. Maybe i stuck out like a sore thumb going 5 under in the slow lane.

Could only imagine what was going through his mind when he came up on the passenger side. I have no pass seat and in its place was boxes and whole bunch of dodge crap from a GTG today. Bed had my truck's carpet.

Anyway the tint measured 10% on his reader and gave me a fix it ticket and sent me on my way.

Did not question the 35% windshield.

So going to remove the side windows tint and replace with legal.

I still dont understand why our tint laws here are so strict. In a state that 90% of the year is constant sun and 75% of the year is in temps above 100* one would think the maximum tint % should be a little less than 35%

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Ryan have you tried the 3M brand carbon fiber tint? Thats been on my truck for 5 years and is thick. When I went to get the 05 done they didnt carry it anymore because the tint was darker then listed so they had to change suppliers.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
can cops pull you over in these states just for tinted windows? in DE they cant unless they run your plates and dont see that you have a tint waiver through your doctor and DMV. they still do it though and i have gotten out of tickets with my old truck for it. The rule in DE without a waiver you can have it as dark as you want on the back windows and none on the front.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Here in Iowa they can stop you for your windows. Legal limit on the front doors is stock tint which I think is around 70%. I had 15% on my old avenger and got stopped a couple times, finally just removed it. I could have also got it for the strip I had on the windshield because it went past the one mark. My back was 5%, couldn't see at night unless there was a car behind me. I had Llumar tint on mine.