Tires mounted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I jumped the gun and got my dura tracs, then had them mounted. I'm beat tired, I'll have pix up maybe sat. I'm home just got all the **** I want to sell at the stafford swap meet this sunday.......including the 20 inch michelins. Tire dealer was amazed that michelin made them,I should get a good price. Thinking 400$ Gf has a set of 16 inch winter low profiles too sell as well I'm thinking 300$ For them. But back too the install. These guys knew what to do. No wobble. But at 65+ I experienced a little sway in the front end.....stabilizer? ( I may need one). Or too much air pressue? The max. On the sidewall has them at 80psi. I have them at 60 psi. Too much? I dunno,. What do you guys think. They look awesome, but I'm not happy about the sway sensation.....................:birgits_tiredcoffee

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A greasy feeling on the front and rear end? I had similar complaint with my Nittos. After talking to Discount Tire, I dropped the pressure down to 35 front and rear and it helped alot. Evidently the new tires have a lot of tread squirm until they get a few heat cycles in them and the rubber hardens up, lowering the air pressure helps. My 295 Nittos were nearing scary at 75MPH on the grooved concrete interstate until the tires broke in.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I Ran 45 on mine till I got them broke in. After that I pumped them up to 60. Can't wait to see pics!!!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i say def. way too much air. Drop the pressure down till you have even contact patch to the road. I did that with my Toyo MT's and rotated every oil change and after 20,000 miles on them they still had more then half the tread left.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
here are the pix as promised!!
a3tires.jpg
a2tires.jpg
a1tires.jpg
These are really ****** pictures, but it is all I had in my disposal. Which is what I should of done with these pix!! lol. Enjoy anyways....:005:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Looks great

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Look Good, Run 50 PSI here and no sway? or probs but mine are 17" 33's. You'll love the way they perform on the Ice and Zamboni Snow.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Thanks guys, I'm keeping one of the lousy pix as a sig pic. This was a mod that literally had to wait, but needed to be done since I took the reins on her back in Feb. 0-10. I always kept an eye out for deals, but in this bussiness of modding you get what you pay for. Plain and simple. So I looked and searched aleays taken mental (albeit little ones) notes. lol. I settled on goodyear cuz of two things Durability and American made. hence the outrageous pricing , but prolly inline with the rest of the tire mfg's out there. I'm hoping too get 6 yrs outof them. I do less than 10 grand mileage a year. Thanks again guys.