tires tires tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that seems way too high... I'd say 45 front, more in the rear if you're towing.

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, CAI, Catbacks, Intune I2
Yeah that seems way too high... I'd say 45 front, more in the rear if you're towing.

Well, just ran it about 40 miles to a friends and back and it rode great. I'm averaging 15mpg in the city and 19mph highway. I'm getting a tune next week from Green Racing so - mpg is going out the window which I really don't care. Use another car for travel and long trips for work.

Think I will give 50 a try for a week - going to huntsville alabama tuesday from here in Nashville and see what my mpg for the hwy goes to and let you know.

thanks for the reply

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok so Im in need of some tires here and im pretty clueless when it comes to which is best, where to buy etc. Im wanting a 33" or around 285/70/17 aggressive looking tire. I want more of on the cheap side because im not gonna do much off roading any more so they dont have to be the best for off road but just have that off road look. What brand would yall suggest based on that?

also where would be the cheapest place to get them? online? where? I have access to a tire changer so I can mount em myself and save some money. Again i dont have a but load of money to spend on tires...
Be sure to check out www.rimjobs.com. Lots of pictures and videos... lol [emoji104]

Kidding obviously...

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Last edited:

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was wiping down the truck and on the front drivers door jam, it does show the exact tire I have on the truck stating 50lbs on the front 60lbs on the back.

Had never noticed it. But, this is the first ram I have ever owned that wasn't 4x4 and didn't have minimum 30"ers on it.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was wiping down the truck and on the front drivers door jam, it does show the exact tire I have on the truck stating 50lbs on the front 60lbs on the back.

Had never noticed it. But, this is the first ram I have ever owned that wasn't 4x4 and didn't have minimum 30"ers on it.

The sticker in the door jamb is what pressure you should run your tires at. The guy at the manufacturer gave you the MAX rating the tire is rated for. This is also what is printed on the sidewall. A lot of people just look at that number and pump them up to that and then wonder why their tires cup out so fast. The max is just that, a maximum pressure that can be put in the tire. The actual pressure you should run is on the door jamb sticker.

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sticker in the door jamb is what pressure you should run your tires at. The guy at the manufacturer gave you the MAX rating the tire is rated for. This is also what is printed on the sidewall. A lot of people just look at that number and pump them up to that and then wonder why their tires cup out so fast. The max is just that, a maximum pressure that can be put in the tire. The actual pressure you should run is on the door jamb sticker.

Agreed.... just never noticed it. My sticker is almost directly between the front and back door. But, either way, I have the PSI at what the sticker as. Did the trip to Huntsville and Back to home (Nashville) with maybe 20 city miles after reset and my MPH average was 18.2

No cruise control and tried stay at 73-75 mph not to go over 2k on the tach. Was very pleased because before when the pressure was basically at 35lbs, I was only averaging right at 17mph.

About to put in a tune from Greene Racing and see what happens. Just put new Dynomax Ultra Flo SS/Muffler, CAI Spectre on a couple of weeks ago and now the tune.

looking forward to this weekend!!!!

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I thought you said you wanted aggressive looking tires. There is nothing aggressive about any of the all-terrain tires you listed. They are the same thing every soccer mom living in snow country have on the family suv.

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Added more air. Ran the fronts at 65lbs and backs at 70lbs. Ran to Knoxville and Back (7.5 total hours) 1 hour in the city. Averaged 18.2 mph the entire trip. Starting to wonder if the Ram sticker is right or if Falken is right. There was really no more bounce to the back of the truck than what I was running.

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added more air. Ran the fronts at 65lbs and backs at 70lbs. Ran to Knoxville and Back (7.5 total hours) 1 hour in the city. Averaged 18.2 mph the entire trip. Starting to wonder if the Ram sticker is right or if Falken is right. There was really no more bounce to the back of the truck than what I was running.

Just stating the obvious but psi is going to vary depending on the tire. P rated - LT rated etc. The sticker on the truck is for the tires that came with the truck. I would run with what Falken says to run.

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Falken.jpg

Pulled this off WILDPEAK H/T TIRE | Falken Tire Says yours is the LT and max is 80 psi. So obviously dont run 80 but high 60's and low 70's should be on the money.

Sorry for ****** quality pic, I included the link.

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got falkens on my beast and I'll never go with another tire unless I'm short for cash

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just switched 305/55/R20 from Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ to same size Toyo Open Coutra A/T.
The Toyo rides considerable softer with the same pressure and grip seems to be the same on the road, sand and unpaved road.
Chris

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 83931

Pulled this off WILDPEAK H/T TIRE | Falken Tire Says yours is the LT and max is 80 psi. So obviously dont run 80 but high 60's and low 70's should be on the money.

Sorry for ****** quality pic, I included the link.

Been running the tires at 65 psi and the ride is very comfortable. It still has the stock shocks (2006, 120k miles). I pulled the boat this weekend and didn't notice anything different either. I thought about pushing 80lbs one day but... I just couldn't make myself do it.

99Ram318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got falkens on my beast and I'll never go with another tire unless I'm short for cash

I won't go with any other tire. I just put a set on my wife expedition. They hold up great.

CUAviator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New to an old thread - I've got LT275/65R20 Bridgestone Dueller ATs all around. Obviously the door jam says 35psi. However, the "Max psi" for these tires is 80. I like a little stiffer ride - and even at 55 psi, they almost feel flat. My question is; is there any harm in pumping them up to 65-70 (i.e. they won't seat right on the bead, etc)?

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
New to an old thread - I've got LT275/65R20 Bridgestone Dueller ATs all around. Obviously the door jam says 35psi. However, the "Max psi" for these tires is 80. I like a little stiffer ride - and even at 55 psi, they almost feel flat. My question is; is there any harm in pumping them up to 65-70 (i.e. they won't seat right on the bead, etc)?

There is no harm at all. Just will give you a stiffer ride.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Depending on your model 1500/2500/etc some tires might wear slightly more in the center than on the edges at higher PSI due to not being under "load". I don't think it will be too noticeable just something to watch for over time.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best thing to do is a “chalk test” to tell you if your tires are excessively under or over inflated for your vehicle.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Best thing to do is a “chalk test” to tell you if your tires are excessively under or over inflated for your vehicle.

I should do that on my truck. Too bad it wouldn't work on motorcycle tires.