Tonneau cover question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a low pro tonneau cover on my ram. Since its cold here in Nj and we are suppose to get hit with good amount of snow, should I roll it up? Didn't know if snow harms the vinyl cover, but also didnt know if snow will try and rust the metal?

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a low pro or roll up cover, but I've had a tri-fold vinyl cover on mine for 2 winters now. I haven't ever opened it for snow. There's been up to a foot on there and the cover held it okay. Roll it up if you're worried.

Snow itself won't cause rust any more than rain will if you shovel it out and don't let it sit in there for a week. Now salt from the roads, that's a different story!!

Ray

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I usually leave it on, but my back end with the snow likes to slide around so I figure roll it up and let snow weight it down since it'll be free lol.

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have had tonneau covers on my last 3 trucks and live in the snowbelt of Ohio, never once worried nor had a problem and I have had 2' snow on it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk