Video: is this the wiper motor going bad or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are they new wipers? Are you on your original windshield?

I had to get my windshield polished at a local detail shop, it helped with water marks and similar noises. My personal belief is that the rough surface would make my wipers wear out far too quick, I would have to change wipers 2-3 times a year. We will see if the polishing is a long term fix.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Somewhat new wipers, went with a different brand then I normally go with and I can't remember if it made that noise with my rain-x (what I usually get). It is the original windshield, I guess I could clay it and polish to give that a shot.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Somewhat new wipers, went with a different brand then I normally go with and I can't remember if it made that noise with my rain-x (what I usually get). It is the original windshield, I guess I could clay it and polish to give that a shot.

I had to clay and polish mine right after I bought it. I thought I had bad wipers, but after replacing them, they would still make that same noise and jump as they wiped. I finished the windshield off with a sealant (Chemical Guys Jetseal) that I had laying around and it completely fixed the issue. It actually fixed it so well that I don't have to use the wipers very much because the water just runs off.