What should I do..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
bought those dang HEMI badges? They're the LAST bit of chrome on my truck, and I figure it's time they go. I don't want them completely gone though, just...moved. I will most likely buy new (just HEMI badges), paint em PXR to match the rest of my truck, and was wondering where you think the best place to relocate them to would be?

I was thinking on to the hood, where it goes up.

Also, I have a door ding right behind the handle on my drivers door, its very small, and very noticeable in the right light. If I took off the door panel, and door covering, could I get to the ding and maybe pop it out?

and finally, is it possible to get the orange topping to the Vararam intake out of the intake itself?

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
id move it to the hood and paint it black. or maybe just the top of the hemi black, and the sides of the lettering keep it chrome? i think that might look good.
and not sure on the vararam. havnt looked at mine to much.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i've thought about getting the 4th gen HEMI letters and putting them on the hood and taking the others off.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The badges I'll be getting will be like this.

2011-dodge-charger-hemi-badge.jpg

Keep in mine I have no other chrome on the truck, including the headlights due to JJ :p

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
paint em all black and do the inside of the letters red, chrome is over rated. i hate chrome, just can't afford to get rid of all mine right now lol

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
i took my oem hemi 5.7L badges off and cut off the 5.7L part and put them on my hood.
001-2.jpg

as for the ding i had one on my fender on my 02 and used a flat head screwdriver with the tip wrapped in electric tape and worked out the dent from behind, i worked pretty good just have to be patient and not use too much pressure

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea of putting them on the hood. Painting them red to match your lights could be cool too, unless you don't want them to stand out that much.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
paint em all black and do the inside of the letters red, chrome is over rated. i hate chrome, just can't afford to get rid of all mine right now lol

I feel the same way about it. Haha. Got rid of it as quickly as possible. Helps that paint is free though, half my mods wouldn't be done other wise.

I wish I could do the red and black. Lol.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
i took my oem hemi 5.7L badges off and cut off the 5.7L part and put them on my hood.
001-2.jpg

as for the ding i had one on my fender on my 02 and used a flat head screwdriver with the tip wrapped in electric tape and worked out the dent from behind, i worked pretty good just have to be patient and not use too much pressure

Didn't realize they could just break in half like that. I might give that a try. Lol.

I like the idea of putting them on the hood. Painting them red to match your lights could be cool too, unless you don't want them to stand out that much.

I would, but the only time you cans see the red halos is at night, and that's the time when you can't see the badges :\.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
why can't you?

Got a big fat NO from my mom and an "ehh.." from my girlfriend when I brought up that idea when I first started my truck. That was my plan. Red calipers with re rally stripes. Red and black interior. Being only 17 has it's down sides and its upsides! ;)

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol, im 27 and still get that. i just don't listen lol. but gotta keep momma and the girl happy

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
lol, im 27 and still get that. i just don't listen lol. but gotta keep momma and the girl happy
At that time they also weren't used to me doing a ton of stuff to my truck. Back then I barely touched it. Now my moms just kinda like whatever do whatcha want but I'm not paying, and my girlfriend is pushing me to go to shows. Lol.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
you should! your ram is kick ass

Thanks bud. Means a lot. Haha. All I'm known as at school "The kid with the truck." I will start soon. Just have to find those shows!

Oh, and just wait a couple weeks ;). I'm excited for this one.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks bud. Means a lot. Haha. All I'm known as at school "The kid with the truck." I will start soon. Just have to find those shows!

i used to know a website that you could look at all the shows in your state, but dont remember what it is. maybe google.
i was know for the guy with the loud truck.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
i used to know a website that you could look at all the shows in your state, but dont remember what it is. maybe google.
i was know for the guy with the loud truck.

I think Dan posted up a website in another thread that said all car shows in my area.

There aren't really any "loud" trucks around our school except me with the cutout open. We have a few loud cars. And there has been 1 or 2 every year who feel the need to rev their car 5 or 6 times every time they get in it. And it sounds straight piped. Then they'll peel out.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was the kid with the blazer/bronco. Use to **** me off so bad. Nooooo, it's a ramcharger damn it.