wheels question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrrruss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 8L
is it considered "cheap" or sacrilegious to paint your stock 20" wheels from chrome to black?..can that even be done?..like the 5 star pattern and cant see all that money to buy replicas....all thoughts appreciated....new owner

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think it's considered cheap... kinda but not really. And if it's done right doing that can look REALLY.

Yes you can. You can get your wheels powder-coated or plasti-dipped. It is a bit cheaper than buying new wheels. Powder-coat lasts forever so if you do deicde to black out your rims MAKE SURE that's what you want. If you use plasti-dip it'll come off at a later date ALOT easier than powder-coat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think it's considered cheap... kinda but not really. And if it's done right doing that can look REALLY good.

Yes you can. You can get your wheels powder-coated or plasti-dipped. It is a bit cheaper than buying new wheels. Powder-coat lasts forever so if you do deicde to black out your rims MAKE SURE that's what you want. If you use plasti-dip it'll come off at a later date ALOT easier than powder-coat.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with TheSatinPumpkin... plasti-dip is alot easier to remove than powdercoat.

Looking at other pictures may help you decide if you want to black out your stock wheels. I think trying to decide on blacking out stock wheels depends on what your truck looks like and what OEM wheels you have. Some OEM wheels look really good blacked out, on the right truck of course. Others... not so much. Post pictures on whatever you decide!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
i would PD it so you can get an idea before deciding if you want it to be permanent or not. There are quite a few pics of them done so you can also use those as a guide.

I am in total agreement here. Before doing a permanent paint job, plastidip them too see if that is really what you want.