Who's running HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering who is all running HIDs. I installed a kit in my head lights and the drivers side keeps giving me fits. The kit included capacitors for the lamp out warning light but I'm beginning to think that they may not be enough resistance. Any input from you guys would be grateful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering who is all running HIDs. I installed a kit in my head lights and the drivers side keeps giving me fits. The kit included capacitors for the lamp out warning light but I'm beginning to think that they may not be enough resistance. Any input from you guys would be grateful

Just FYI, capacitors smooth and slow things down. Resistors load. A cap won't change the load (much). Both are used sometime in HIDs, but for different reasons. Thats a simplification on my part, but I'm guessing you're referring to the load resistors since those are often used to avoid a lamp out indicator. They'd be big. About an inch long most likely, and probably made of metal that gets very hot.

OP
OP
Ajwalk2008

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So by what your saying I should get resistors? Capacitor isn't enough resistance?

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So by what your saying I should get resistors? Capacitor isn't enough resistance?

Resostors ONLY increase the resistance for the lamp out indicator. They most likely wouldn't have anything to do with the functionality of the HID ballasts. I'd speak to the seller, or at least link the kit you have here to see if anyone has any experience with it. It's a clue anyway.

jpleasant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have spyder headlights with the projection and Halo capabilities l and I'm running hids. I purchased the canbus hid kid from ddmtuning.com for the low beam headlights and they work like a charm...

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L

(Jpleasnt) has a point! I just ordered my hid canbus kit for my 07. The seller said that us dodge enthusiasts have to get canbus ballast because our dodges have its own computer system for the headlights, and since the ballast are low watts the computer will sense a headlight is burnt out! Go with a Canbus kit!!