06-08 dash trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonard12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 06 slt with the wood grain on the bezel and on the door panels and personally I think its ugly. I wanted to paint it but then realized that the wood grain and the bezel are all one piece. So my question is do they make kits that you can put like an overlay or something over the wood grain. Or I even thought about putting window tint over it and trying to make it look like black wood grain.

OD Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Plasti-dip or rustoleum paint all look good in the end. Personally I'd go for the paint. Sand it down and paint it right. Plasti-dip isn't going to be great in all the heat.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Vinyl wrap would be another option for you. A lot of folks use it on hoods, and it will handle the heat, as well as rubbing. There some very cool designs such as Carbon Fiber.

But I would definitely also consider painting. When painting plastic parts I use an adhesion promoter and it really helps.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd recommend a vinyl wrap.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the same wood grain, trim. Yuck. How do you remove those pieces?

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TTT, anybody have advice as to how to get the wood grain trim off? Id rather not break the trim panel, trying to get it off the vehicle.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read a diy somewhere... possibly this forum. If I remember correctly it was a pain...

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just took the whole piece off the dash board, taped it, then sprayed a few coats of plasti-dip...

picture.php

You could do the same with the doors, just a few screws and a little bit of pulling and you can take it out, tape it, and spray it as well.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet, thats a good idea. Cheap fix as well.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody know where or have seen, those "dash kits" for our trucks? It covers the radio bezel and each piece on the L/H and R/H door panel?

jei3us

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Plasti dip might be good for the dash bezel as long as it's not touched but I'd rather have permanent results. Plasti dip will fade over time requires touching up or re doing. I plasti dipped my control panel it didn't last a month before it started rubbing off from normal wear. Ended up sanding down priming and spray painting them satin black. With a clear coat it came out awesome and it lasts.