2003 With flashing gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbousfield1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey guys. first time on this site and I am looking for some help. I have a 2003 Ram 2500 Cummins. For about 2 years now my trucks gauges have flashed. It started out only doing it sometimes on start up and now it does it all the time. It is like when you first turn the key on and the cluster does the self check and the every light on the panel flashes and then turns of. Well mine does that repeatedly. Then it chimes, tries to lock the doors, turns off the high beams, flashes the interior lights, and radio lights. It will do that consistently. It does not affect the exterior running lights, or the music on the radio, only the lights on the radio and the steering wheel audio controls. I have checked any connection that I could find and they seem good. I was going through the manual and it all seemed to route through the ignition switch. The top two pins on it were a little browned from heat so thought maybe a faulty switch. Installed a new one and no change. Starting to get really annoying and I am running out of places to look. Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You could have a faulty cluster... do a cluster test, hold the trip reset down and turn the key to "ON" and release the trip reset and let it do its thing.