2005 1500 power seat motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukrkoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7Magnum
Morning
I have quad cab 4x4 RAM, 2005. Both up/down power seat functions work fine. Horizontal does not.
Power is supplied to motor, as it buzzes and jerks a little.
I am 6'4' and the rest of the family is variously shorter than I am. So for some - I have it set for my height - it is almost impossible to drive the truck.
I spent several days looking for horizontal motor and I can't find it.
I saw a motor at twomangarage site, but without shaft and gear. They also sell gear shaft - for about same price as motor itself.

Questions:
1. If it buzzes and jerks a little, is it motor or shaft and gear that is bad? Noise it produces sort of sounds like bad bearing though.
2. Anyone knows supplier for a complete motor with gear?
I'd rather not go through junk yards. This is actually a third seat frame - from junk yard. Original one was stuck declined backward. 2 more frames from local truck yard had some sort of motor problem.
One I have now is the best of the worst and I don't want to keep going through frames.
Advice will be appreciated.
Thank you

04yfz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Morning
I have quad cab 4x4 RAM, 2005. Both up/down power seat functions work fine. Horizontal does not.
Power is supplied to motor, as it buzzes and jerks a little.
I am 6'4' and the rest of the family is variously shorter than I am. So for some - I have it set for my height - it is almost impossible to drive the truck.
I spent several days looking for horizontal motor and I can't find it.
I saw a motor at twomangarage site, but without shaft and gear. They also sell gear shaft - for about same price as motor itself.

Questions:
1. If it buzzes and jerks a little, is it motor or shaft and gear that is bad? Noise it produces sort of sounds like bad bearing though.
2. Anyone knows supplier for a complete motor with gear?
I'd rather not go through junk yards. This is actually a third seat frame - from junk yard. Original one was stuck declined backward. 2 more frames from local truck yard had some sort of motor problem.
One I have now is the best of the worst and I don't want to keep going through frames.
Advice will be appreciated.
Thank you

Try unbolting the motor from the seat and see whats causing the issue, the motor or the track. If it's the motor sometimes they can be disassembled and cleaned with some emery cloth and electrical contact cleaner. If you still have your old seat frames you may be able to switch the motors as well, many times different functions of the seat use the same motors just in different linkages.

OP
OP
ukrkoz

ukrkoz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7Magnum
It's motor.
100%.
Had my hand on it.