2006 seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HI all,
I have a 06 QC with grey interior.
it has tonns of water stains in the seats and carpet.
i used my parents house carpet cleaner on the carpets and it worked great after shampooing them, not sure if i should use it on the seats tho.
what is recomended practice to shampoo these seats. they seem to stain with anything that touches it!!!

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
With my '06 and cloth seats, I just evenly stained them, with a wet cloth, and when they dried they looked fine. but yes, they will "stain" with anything.

OP
OP
R

Ridgeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow, never heard of this method, guess its worth a shot

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
It was the only way I could get rid of the water stains. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Did the 06 seats just not get treated at the factory with a sealer?

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
my 06 seats are terrible about this. i just gave up.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This was a reason that I bought custom leather for my truck, I was tired of the stains and cloth.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
even though they stain easily, I would definitely choose cloth over leather any day...i have some nice lookin seat covers on mine..a nine year old truck and not one stain..not even from the previous owner

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's odd, what about just a simple auto carpet/upholstery cleaner from the auto parts store?

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hmm, not sure what would be best to use since they are prone to staining. I do know that a foaming bathroom cleaner is very good at getting stains out. Maybe try it on a hidden area and see if it stains or not.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
even though they stain easily, I would definitely choose cloth over leather any day...i have some nice lookin seat covers on mine..a nine year old truck and not one stain..not even from the previous owner

Why?!!! Cloth stains easy, collects lint and is harder to just wipe off a simple spill.

The only thing that I feel cloth has on leather is less of an issue with hot and cold temps. Solution heated and ventilated seats.

Lasts longer and higher resale.

$miley

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why?!!! Cloth stains easy, collects lint and is harder to just wipe off a simple spill.

The only thing that I feel cloth has on leather is less of an issue with hot and cold temps. Solution heated and ventilated seats.

Lasts longer and higher resale.

$miley

+1. leather really changes the looks of a truck too, makes it more luxurious

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess im alone on this one lol...idk why I just feel more comfortable in cloth seats..the temperature thing was right on the money for me..i feel like leather would rip easily with all the crap im used to throwing in the truck...and I go for a less luxurious look on interior...my next truck will have the plastic floor liner installed and all carpet removed if i cant find one with it already... no two tone interior...just that stock dark grey that is almost black.

07BlueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My seats are great i have had coffee spilled on them and i just wiped them off with a rag i had in my truck

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
buy seat covers

ive cleaned the seats in 06+ rams 100s of times there is no good way to clean them most cleaners leave an even bigger stain on top of the existing one

only thing that kinda works is to vac them bone dry as soon as you scrub them even then they still stain

Mr_Nacho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To do it the hard but effective way is to take out the seats and put the water hose to them. Use upholstery cleaner on the spots and scrub. Let them sit outside and dry, and use an compressed air hose to prevent spots from forming. I took my back seat out and did this, took about a day in the summer for it to dry.