4G seats in 3G plus Headliner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
First, I know one member sold their truck to someone who installed 4G seats in a 3G. Anybody know more about this mod? Id like to put in both front seats, jump seat, and rear 40/60. Im most worried about the wiring for the power driver seats...

Feel it could be hard finding 4G seats. Not much for salvage yards around here and the ones we do have all dont have any newer dodges....or ANY dodges! WOW.

Reason why I would like to do this sooner then planed is I got some OJ spilled on the front passenger seat and it really ****** it up....FML.

Second, ive had this crazy idea for a while and I dont want to give much away but im looking for one or two quadcab headliners. They are the same from 02-08 right? No change in 06? Like the dome light or the overhead computer change?

Last, anyone got a good hookup on leather? Looking for maroon and black.

Reece

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have nothing to add other than

BADASS!

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the way you think Reece. This would be killer for my truck too, considering I have some bad stains in my ****** cloth seats!

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
id like to go with katskinz(or whatever) unless I can find a good upholsterer, and why do that to the oem seats when 4G seats would be so much cooler(also the OJ actually messed up the foam, and the drivers foam is crap anyways).

If I can pull this headliner project off its going to be amazing!!! But im going to have to figure out the dome light wiring/triggering.

Thanks JJ! I can always count on you for at least encouragement :)

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it would be cool. I'd love to hook those up. Is your passenger seat manual adjust? I'm assuming that both power seats only come with certain trim packages on our trucks....

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A good upholstery shop can redo (even reshape) the foam.

My dad had the bottom redone on his '98 Driver Seat since it was getting flat and the cloth tore. Looked brand new, and felt WAY better than new. They used a stiffer foam since my dad and I are both 'heavy' people.

Bottom line, I'd just have your current seats redone at a good shop. You could have them add sick bolstering to the sides, make em like race seats! YEA!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
there was a thread on another forum where a guy did the 4th gen seats in a 3rd gen if i remeber correctly the only think that was differant was the wiring. but nothing a schematic and some splicing cant fix.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yeah it would be cool. I'd love to hook those up. Is your passenger seat manual adjust? I'm assuming that both power seats only come with certain trim packages on our trucks....

As I spend no time in the passenger seat I can only say that im 90% sure the passenger side is manual.

A good upholstery shop can redo (even reshape) the foam.

My dad had the bottom redone on his '98 Driver Seat since it was getting flat and the cloth tore. Looked brand new, and felt WAY better than new. They used a stiffer foam since my dad and I are both 'heavy' people.

Bottom line, I'd just have your current seats redone at a good shop. You could have them add sick bolstering to the sides, make em like race seats! YEA!

only issue with this is that I really do live in the middle of ******* nowheresville. only way I can figure this as a possible option is I would have to have it done back in fargo when im there which is not a lot since I dont get much vacation till next year. Will only go back once till next year for sure.... And I still dont know if any of those shops are really that good....

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As I spend no time in the passenger seat I can only say that im 90% sure the passenger side is manual.

only issue with this is that I really do live in the middle of ******* nowheresville. only way I can figure this as a possible option is I would have to have it done back in fargo when im there which is not a lot since I dont get much vacation till next year. Will only go back once till next year for sure.... And I still dont know if any of those shops are really that good....

dude you need to like move closer to some shops.... im all for living out in the middle of nowhere but got to be able to get back and forth to town lol

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
dude you need to like move closer to some shops.... im all for living out in the middle of nowhere but got to be able to get back and forth to town lol

im not here buy choice, you can believe that. But its good for work right now. Ill be moving to a larger population in a couple years. Going from a 100k+ city to a 3kish hole was not my idea....

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
awesome idea. I'm gonna look at my seats at lunch, but i really don't think it will be a easy direct bolt in.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
im not here buy choice, you can believe that. But its good for work right now. Ill be moving to a larger population in a couple years. Going from a 100k+ city to a 3kish hole was not my idea....

Los Alamos has a population of 18k+ but I'll be damned if there is a single shop in this town. It's a small town with a science problem. (highest per capita of PhD's in the world!)

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
thank you sir. not wanting the shifter. wanting to keep my floor stuff as is just would like the jump seat.

But a little update. Things might have changed. Found something that could change things up. waiting to hear back about some information. Will be looking for the 09 jump seat still I think and a seat cover for the rear bench. Hope this front seat thing works out!!!

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
bought new front driver and passenger front seats tonight. Im pretty excited and not only for the upgrade to heated seats. :D :D :D

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
nice i have been looking at those for a while.