4th gen interior swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2500hemi05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to get any of the 4th gen interior panels to fit a 3rd gen? i know the seats are direct bolt in, but how about the door skins, or maybe steering wheel or even dash? thanks.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Door skins I know won't swap, they're a totally different designs. The dash is different too, A/C components have been moved around in the 4th gens and panels clip into different areas and as far as I have seen the steering wheel is different as well. If you're looking to dress up your interior it can be done for a lot less than trying to swap interior panels.

I dyed the vinyl interior panels in my '07 and did a suede headliner, added some painted pieces, upgraded to Katzkin seats, and added an aftermarket steering wheel that reused the factory airbag.

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seats are a bolt in (back seats require minor mods), a coupla trucks have had the console (with shifter) swap done. The 4th gen console definitely lines up better with the 06-08 center stack than the 02-05.

OP
OP

2500hemi05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 05 already is painted dang near exaxtly how yours is. Too funny, looks great by the way. I think ill swap the 2006 door skins on. I like the lines better. Then maybe get some seats out of a 4th gen. Thanks for the answers.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Door skins I know won't swap, they're a totally different designs. The dash is different too, A/C components have been moved around in the 4th gens and panels clip into different areas and as far as I have seen the steering wheel is different as well. If you're looking to dress up your interior it can be done for a lot less than trying to swap interior panels.

I dyed the vinyl interior panels in my '07 and did a suede headliner, added some painted pieces, upgraded to Katzkin seats, and added an aftermarket steering wheel that reused the factory airbag.

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

how difficult was it to separate your gauge cluster to access the textured plastic cover?

that is what i will be painting next on my truck