Adding Power Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I currently have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab. It has a cloth front bench seat in it right now. I want to add a power/heated front seat into it but was unsure of (1) how difficult this would be and (2) what all I would need to get from a donor vehicle. My truck does have a power rear window so I do have that switch in the panel below the radio already. Not sure if that will make things easier or not. Any insight you guys have would be tremendous!

Thanks!

RTom

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
Ive been thinking about this also, but mine is a 2012.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok check to see if you have the wires for the job first. There could be several unused connectors under your current seat. If not then you will need the harness for the power seats. As far as the seats go they are fairly easy to replace. Bench seats typicaly have only 4 bolts holding them in the vehicle, while some split bench seats can have up to 8 or more. When you get the new seats (or seats from a donor vehicle), make sure you have new seat bolts. DO NOT USE THE OLD BOLTS. Also be careful when you install the new bolts to be sure they do not get cross threaded.

If you do not have the wiring then you will need to get it from the donor vehicle or new from the dealership (I recommend getting it new if possible).

When removing the old seats and installing the new ones get a friend or 2 to assist you in taking them out of the truck. They are more ackward than heavy and the help will be needed. Have fun and be safe.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been thinking about doing this too! Let me know how it goes.

OP
OP
RTom

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nothing yet, haven't even had a chance to get to the salavage yard yet with the holidays and everything. Hoping to get back out in the garage in January. Think my heater core is going so I gotta address that first.

Will keep you guys posted and post pics too...