anyone know what this is ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I shoved 22 inches of vinyl tubing into this 'grommet' or whatever it is before the tubing dead headed

I did this several times and it stopped at exactly the same point each time

I can feel the rubber tube that attaches to this grommet appearing thing from the backside with the kick panel off and feeling around under the sound deadening material covering the cavity there

but what is it and what does it do ?

Attachments

• RH 14 Ram door post.jpg
    RH 14 Ram door post.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 55

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There's one on the passengerside as well and that's where the radio antenna cable runs into the door, the driver side door is just there, does allow wiring to be run into the door a lot easier.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could store rolled up dollar bills in there. Make your truck a giant mobile piggy bank.

HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Ecodiesel
I wouldn't put anything in there unless you want water to start dripping on your head from your sunroof. Those are the front sunroof drain tubes. I hope you didn't pull on them too hard or you may have pulled them off of the sunroof tray and cause a leak. Hope this helps.