armrest control panel access?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have had the 07 for 4 months - time for the first niggling problem:

The driver-side window control button appears ***** & only works about 10% of the time. The entire panel that contains the control buttons in the armrest will slide back and forth about 1/4 inch - don't know if that is tied into this or not. All other buttons work fine.

How does that access panel come off - I see/feel no screws or screw holes. Does it just pry off or - god forbid - do I have to access from inside the door?

Is each window control button a separate entity & replaceable - or will I have to replace an entire master unit in$ide the armrest. Owner $erviceable - or not?

Any & all info greatly appreciated.

john

PS - the country has been going downhill since they stopped using crank windows & window vents:)
07 Quad Cab, 4x4, Hemi

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that entire panel just pops inplace. its easiest to remove it with the door panel off but if your careful you can pop it out without taking the door off.

once you get that panel off, take it apart and clean it really good. mine was messing up when i got it and i cleaned it and it works great now. just need to clean the contacts on the circuit board in it.

OP
OP
J

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
follow up Q

Thanks for the info.

Is there any way to "tighten" the panel so it doesn't slide back & forth, i.e., are there some type of clips holding it place that can be tweaked a bit? Just want to know before I tear into it this weekend:)

WD 40 for cleaning????

TIA

john

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not that i no of. mine moves back and forth a bit but it doesnt really bother me.

dont use wd40. they are metal contacts you need to clean. use a clean rag and maybe some light sand paper to clean the metal surfaces. so it has a good electrical connection when triggered.