CB Ceiling Mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moops

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried mounting a CB radio (or anything else, for that matter) to the ceiling of their truck? I've seen it done on Jeeps, and it worked well. Is there anything to mount braces to above the headliner? Would the headliner be stout enough to mount it to directly?

ETA: Sorry if this is not the correct place for this. Mods, please move if necessary.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I had a wrangler I mounted mine low down. It is more for show to have a cable hanging down for the mic. I would suggest mounting it low down and if need be hang the mic off of the rear view mirror when in use.

OP
OP
M

moops

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I had a wrangler I mounted mine low down. It is more for show to have a cable hanging down for the mic. I would suggest mounting it low down and if need be hang the mic off of the rear view mirror when in use.

I don't want to do it for show, but for convenience. I don't want to lose my cup holders, center seat (that's where my sweetheart sits!), or console space, and I want it to be easily accessible when I want to use it. The mic cord hanging down was the the main thing that concerned me. I was thinking of mounting it off center toward the right so the cord wouldn't be in the way of the rearview.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You don't have any cubby's? Or how about the cb that is all in in the handle (A lot of jeep guys had this)?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had a buddy do this to his 2005 truck. What he basically did was mark the holes in the headliner where the bolts would go through. Did that same process to a 1/4 of MDF that was roughly about 6 inches longer on each side than the CB. Placed the MDF up in the headliner area. Mounted the CB to the MDF wood. Reinstalled the headliner. There was some sort of brace he did later drive to self taping screws through the wood to the brace.. The CB was so strong you could hold on to it for bracing yourself wheeling.

I tried to find pictures of it, but we did this in 2005 and I'm not having luck. I'll check with him if he has any.

OP
OP
M

moops

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a buddy do this to his 2005 truck. What he basically did was mark the holes in the headliner where the bolts would go through. Did that same process to a 1/4 of MDF that was roughly about 6 inches longer on each side than the CB. Placed the MDF up in the headliner area. Mounted the CB to the MDF wood. Reinstalled the headliner. There was some sort of brace he did later drive to self taping screws through the wood to the brace.. The CB was so strong you could hold on to it for bracing yourself wheeling.

I tried to find pictures of it, but we did this in 2005 and I'm not having luck. I'll check with him if he has any.

So the MDF was between the headliner and the roof, and the bolts went into that? Was it just the headliner holding onto the CB then?