Combination of HVAC problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 with Dual Zone air. First thing I noticed is that I barely get air to the feet area. Just a little bit and it's always been an issue. But recently, when I change the temperature of either zones, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I have to slide the temp controls back and forth and then all of a sudden, it’ll work. This goes for either zones, with one not seemingly affecting the other. When it works, it's perfect. Super hot all the way to the right and super cold all the way to the left. Then the other recent problem is with the defrost. Same thing as the zones, I have to turn the knob back and forth and then it’ll work. Any ideas? Seems the control switch is $200 and I’d rather not have to spend $200 to trouble shoot! Thanks

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This may be completely unrelated but I've been have sort of the same problem where sometimes I cut the air on either a.c. or heat sometimes it barley blows so I cut it of and on numerous times. Sometimes it will blow right other times it wont. What I have realised is if I reach down and tap the blower under the passenger dash the air starts blowing normally again.

OP
OP
G8rDuc

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll give that a shot next time and see. I'm really leaning toward the A/C Dash switch since I have to keep flipping the appropriate knob or slide around until I get results...just wish there was a way to test it!

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
my 08 does the same thing when it comes to the temp controls, not dual zone but all the way hot or cold and its great but anywhere in-between is a guessing game

OP
OP
G8rDuc

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 08 does the same thing when it comes to the temp controls, not dual zone but all the way hot or cold and its great but anywhere in-between is a guessing game

It's actually perfect inbetween! Just have to get it to respond to the temperature sliders first, lol.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 07 is hit or miss with the amount of air that comes through the vents. The blower is a constant but sometimes I'll get nothing out of the vents at all. I'm guessing an issue with the internal vent diverters (or what ever they're called) but don't understand why it'll work sometimes....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G8rDuc

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 07 is hit or miss with the amount of air that comes through the vents. The blower is a constant but sometimes I'll get nothing out of the vents at all. I'm guessing an issue with the internal vent diverters (or what ever they're called) but don't understand why it'll work sometimes....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sounds like what I'm experiencing but also with the temperatures :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk