common air vent door problem??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daviddc114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
okay i just bought my first ram and i am trying to fix the minor bugs she has, i can hear the heat blowing out good, but its not being directed to the vents properly, is there some kind of common blend door repair or something for the rams?? thanks!!

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Either the blend door or the blend door motor, somewhat common issue but a PITA fix because to get to the actuator you need to pull the entire dash.

OP
OP
D

daviddc114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
really?? sux!! is it a big job to pull these dash boards? is there any repair manual software to be had for these trucks?

Coldwater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Give utube a try, there's plenty of vids covering it.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I have the same issue.with my blower on high you can barely feel it lol.

appel1978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what im told before you tear it all apart just listen real carefully when you turn the knob to change from vent to defrost you should hear a small motor turn. if you do then you will need to change the door inside the hvac (PITA). If you don't here a noise then its probably the motor on the outside of hvac (less PITA). Am I correct everyone?
Im have same problem but I don't hear the motor so whats everyones opinion on that. I see posts for replacing the door and getting the parts at heatertreater.net if its the door I that needs replacing but not many posts about if you don't hear motor. Could it be the Motor or could it be a fuse or what about the whole temp control dash? There are no vacume lines running our doors correct? What does everyone suggest in my case and if its the same issue for David

ruffone

Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like MegaMouseGW said, get the Heater Treater fix.

Dodge Ram '02-'08 - '02 - '08 - Ram - Dodge

The problem is that the blend doors are plastic and they are known to break, mine broke twice. After the second time, I purchased the doors from Heater Treater and fixed the issue and I haven't had an issue since. They use a well built aluminum door to replace the cheap plastic ones.

Don

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe I have the same issue.with my blower on high you can barely feel it lol.

Yours sounds like A recirc door broke and fell down on intake mine was like that when I got it you can open glove box and see if there is a foam covered door closed on the duct opening if not it s probably laying down across intake you can remove blower motor and pull the broken door out and use it that way it will just be a mix of fresh air and recirculated air until you deside to fix it iv been using mine like this for 5 months now

steve24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yours sounds like A recirc door broke and fell down on intake mine was like that when I got it you can open glove box and see if there is a foam covered door closed on the duct opening if not it s probably laying down across intake you can remove blower motor and pull the broken door out and use it that way it will just be a mix of fresh air and recirculated air until you deside to fix it iv been using mine like this for 5 months now

I've been running my Ram without the recirc door for 2 or 3 years now and haven't really missed it at all.