Crack in dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdbformula1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I recently got an 04 ram, the dash is good except 1small crack. What can I do to keep it from running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Probably best to see if it can be patched from the back of the panels.

My truck's ('05) radio bezel is cracking in two-three places at the top, where there's the least area. Drizzling SuperGlue in the crack didn't bond-in fact, it made a white discoloration in the margins of the crack. It's not noticeable so I don't care.

I used JB Weld on the back of the bezel to keep the cracks from spreading. With a big area or in a curved portion, I would probably put a skim coat of JB Weld or similar and before it dried embed some fiberglass mesh tape like what's used for finishing Hardiboard/Durock panel joints.

I'd let that dry, and depending upon the locaion/size of the area repeat the process with cross-lamination of the fiberglass tape. IDK if (say) epoxies would damage the plastic, but that might be better than JB Weld.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you mean the top of the dash, your 3 options really are:

1. Replace (I did this)
2. Cover with glue on skin
3. Cover with cloth cover

It seems that if you park outside, it will eventually happen, and it will crack in more places as the plastic gets older (so fixing one spot will not prevent future cracks).

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Look for a replacement. It's gonna spread. I was lucky enough to find one right when it was time to replace the heater core.