Custom Switch Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone ever make a custom switch panel for the cubby hole, or know where to find one?
Can't be too hard to make I wouldn't think...?

Something kind of like this

photo.jpg

I like this idea better than drilling into the dash or console... but can't decide.
Putting the train horn on the hubby's truck next weekend, and not sure where to put the button.

Will also probably add KC's in the future, so will need a spot for those as well.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I use my cubby hole, so I mounted switches on the dash panels. the two switches on the left turn on my fogs and eFan. The toggle on the right side is the fuel pump primer.

LKIvOh.jpg
QKCtNV.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just drill em!
Just make sure you take you time, and use a REALLY sharp pilot bit (and a spring loaded center punch). It's way to easy for a bit to travel on plastic.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like that location Greg, not so noticeable.

Ahhh it sucks having to drill into the plastic on a new (to us) truck hahaha but that may be the better way to go

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I like that location Greg, not so noticeable.

Ahhh it sucks having to drill into the plastic on a new (to us) truck hahaha but that may be the better way to go

Worst case scenario the plastic piece can be replaced. I put the two rocker switches in at different time. Probably should match them up..

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
the cubby hole tray mounts to back of trim with four screws you could just remove tray and cut a old license plate or something like that them mount tray back on with cut Piece between trim and tray you can bore one hole high In rear of tray for wires to come through to switch's and If you ever wanted to remove switch's you could with no signs left from switch's

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think we're going to use one of the cubby holes
The interior looks like this

forums1.jpg

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure how well itd work for a push button switch, but I have 3 rocker switches mounted inside my little cubby hole on the sides. Theyre still easy to get to but are pretty much hidden. I also have switches mounted like Greg does

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
shhh I also have rocker switches inside my cubby..... ;)

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's a great idea for rocker switches haha!

Ares_288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
I took of the pillar with "oh crap" handle and drilled into that for my switches

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Here's another rocker I have on the door to kill the interior lights/dinger...
img2011060600124.jpg

HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Ecodiesel
I really like the custom bezel in the very fist pic. If you find a source for something like that please let us know. I am eventually going to do the 4th gen seat swap in my truck and I am going to make the heated and a/c functions of the seats work in my truck and would love to have a bezel to mount some oracle switches to. Good luck!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I really like the custom bezel in the very fist pic. If you find a source for something like that please let us know. I am eventually going to do the 4th gen seat swap in my truck and I am going to make the heated and a/c functions of the seats work in my truck and would love to have a bezel to mount some oracle switches to. Good luck!

I got one of the ones in the first picture. These guys sell them: Dodge Ram switch pod

Easy to install (well running the wires for multiple lights can get a bit frustrating), only thing I did was replace the switches that came with mine with some better looking ones (well better looking to me anyways).

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome! Thank you for the link!

That looks so easy to make lol

Last edited:

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Awesome! Thank you for the link!

That looks so easy to make lol
Want to add this for you. They use some thick aluminum to create the piece, and they do send switches with it. You can get it coated in a durn near any color you want (just put the color you want it to be in the comments section of the order). I ran the wires first to be sure they were long enough, and had used one wire for main power. Total of 6 wires is what I used. 1 main power, 5 which went to the relays for my lights, and one ground daisy chained and grounded to a dash ground point. You only need to run from the engine bay a total of 6 wires, if you are a bit electrically inclined that is.

Last edited:

HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Ecodiesel
Thank you very much for the link MegaMouseGW!