Digital or HUD gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does any know of a nice digital or HUD cluster for an 03?

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use an Android Tablet and the Torque Pro app for HUD.

You can get cheap 7" Android tablets for under 100$ on eBay, and then you can simply hold it on the dash with one of these :
Mr. Sticky Dot

These dots don't use any glue and leave absolutely no residues on either the tablet or the dash, while being able to hold the tablet in place even in very harsh driving conditions.

Of course you will need a Bluetooth ODBII ELM327 interface, which you can also find for cheap on Ebay. Be careful of some of the smaller adapters, they often lose connectivity with the bluetooth tablet interface. I prefer the ones like this one :
OBDII Bluetooth Adapter.

Since it protrudes a little more than other adapters, in order to not catch my legs on the adapter under the dash, I use one of these extension cable and hide the adapter under the dash out of arms way and view :
OBDII Extension Cable with 90° angle connector.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
StaLL1oN

StaLL1oN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 1500 Quad cab SLT 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use an Android Tablet and the Torque Pro app for HUD.

You can get cheap 7" Android tablets for under 100$ on eBay, and then you can simply hold it on the dash with one of these :
Mr. Sticky Dot

These dots don't use any glue and leave absolutely no residues on either the tablet or the dash, while being able to hold the tablet in place even in very harsh driving conditions.

Of course you will need a Bluetooth ODBII ELM327 interface, which you can also find for cheap on Ebay. Be careful of some of the smaller adapters, they often lose connectivity with the bluetooth tablet interface. I prefer the ones like this one :
OBDII Bluetooth Adapter.

Since it protrudes a little more than other adapters, in order to not catch my legs on the adapter under the dash, I use one of these extension cable and hide the adapter under the dash out of arms way and view :
OBDII Extension Cable with 90° angle connector.

Hope this helps.

Good advice and a cool feature, but I was actually looking for a didigital instrument cluster in the dash to replace the stock cluster.

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam