Dumb ac control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok this is dumb but hey I don't care lol. I was always confused on why my truck doesn't have a recirculate option on my controls. When looking online to figure why this is I have seen everywhere of people saying it does and also showing controls with the option all the way to the left bottom. Well my left bottom next to the two option of either top vents or both top and bottom, instead of the recirculate sign it just says MAX.

So do I have recirculate or not? lol

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if you do or not, but if you did, the door probably would have broke like 103% of all 3rd gens, so then you wouldn't have it anyways unless if you paid to fix it. So I guess that means you won since you neither had to deal with it nor pay to fix it?
Lol...

txcobowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SSV
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you do. When you set the AC to max, it automatically goes to recirculate.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok cool. Now would I be able to hear the door open to know if it's working? I know when I got my heater core done I also purchased a blend door to replace the other just because I heard that was common to break. Is that the door?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blend door is the one that controls temp.

To see if the recirc door is working, set the controls to a mode other than max Ac, and turn the blower on as high as it will go. Crack the driver side window about an inch and you should feel air rushing out of it from the outside of the truck. Now do the same thing with it on max Ac. There should be little to no air blowing out of the window.

Or just listen to it. It should get noticeably louder when you set it to max Ac. If you can't hear a difference, then try the method above.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I don't know if you do or not, but if you did, the door probably would have broke like 103% of all 3rd gens, so then you wouldn't have it anyways unless if you paid to fix it. So I guess that means you won since you neither had to deal with it nor pay to fix it?
Lol...
Hey! Mine is working just fine... my mode 2 door is the only one that broke.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Ok cool. Now would I be able to hear the door open to know if it's working? I know when I got my heater core done I also purchased a blend door to replace the other just because I heard that was common to break. Is that the door?
The air will blow harder when it recirculates.