Electric seat control problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
The center square switch works in 4 directions. The lumbar works fine. It is the tilt that is non functioning.
Dealer quoted over $133 for new combined switch. Any better route to go or suggestions. Thanks in advance

2002 ram 2500 cummins 5.9

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

Mine is messed up too lol, I'm sure you could look at Rock Auto for the part

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You might be able to find a replacement seat track for that much.

chickenman_26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
The center square switch works in 4 directions. The lumbar works fine. It is the tilt that is non functioning.
Dealer quoted over $133 for new combined switch. Any better route to go or suggestions. Thanks in advance

2002 ram 2500 cummins 5.9
The seat motors are not available from Dodge. You have to buy the entire seat frame. My front vertical adjuster has been out for more than a year, but I just discovered instructions online for removing the motors, and there's a guy on ebay selling the motors individually. 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Dodge RAM Power Seat Track Motor New | eBay They come with full instructions and pictures.

The problem usually isn't the motor itself. The ring & pinion gears are plastic, and they strip easily. Mine has 4 teeth ripped off. The motor will hum or buzz when the switch is operated, but the seat track doesn't budge. It may be good reason not to hold down the switch till the seat track bumps either the up or down stop.

Stu

TonyErnst13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My FRONT trim makes an electrical sound, BUT does not move - where can i start to look for the plastic gears ( both under the seat to inspect, and online to replace) I just bought the truck and apparently it broke in a very high position and it is supremely uncomfortable. All other switches function properly. So in the mean time I raised the rear, but i am sitting wayyyy too high overall to counteract the front.

Also, the recline lever is completely missing. so as I try and raise the back up to match the front, the angle changes and i am too upright. Something has to give!

Thanks in advance!

chickenman_26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
My FRONT trim makes an electrical sound, BUT does not move - where can i start to look for the plastic gears ( both under the seat to inspect, and online to replace)
Thanks in advance!
The gears are part of the front vertical seat motor and can't be replaced. You'll need to replace the electric motor itself. Go to the URL I posted above and buy a new vertical motor. It comes with full instructions, as I said. This is the only way to correct your problem other than replacing the entire seat frame.

There are some good how to DIY threads out there.
This is how I found out about the new motors on ebay. I did mine right in the truck after unbolting the seat from its frame and laying it in the rear of the cab. Getting the pins out is a lot easier if you have access to an air hammer. FYI, he's using one of the ebay replacement motors in his pics. http://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/202390-know-anything-about-fixing-power-seat-2.html

Stu

ry%3D480.jpg

Last edited: