Frost inside Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone ever have frost on the inside of their windshield? This is the second year that this has happened. I haven't driven the truck in like 4 days and it's been really cold out, especially at night, not sure that should make a difference at all. Anyone else run into anything similar?
The truck is a 2005 Ram 1500. Thanks!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had it happen with my last ram (05) and was was able to fix it by resealing the 3rd brake light. I have been noticing it lately on my current truck, but I haven't had a chance to look into it.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

How do you seal that third brake light, if I may ask? I assume, just take off the light and reseal around the edges? And that should take care of the frost on the windshield, hopefully? lol :)

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some people use silicone calk, but I would use butyl tape. Works like a champ on everything marine, doesn't make a mess, and easy to take apart if you ever need to.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some people use silicone calk, but I would use butyl tape. Works like a champ on everything marine, doesn't make a mess, and easy to take apart if you ever need to.

Thank you sir!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used a bead of RTV silicone around the existing gasket, cheap effective and easy fix. You could also pick up a new gasket from Dodge as well if you choose.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the replies/answers everyone.
If I keep the truck, I'll probably just replace the gasket. I really want a new daily driver and this is making that decision that much easier. We shall see what the future holds though.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did you find where the water is coming into the cab check for wet carpet I get it when the snow melts on the floor and it get cold out

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you find where the water is coming into the cab check for wet carpet I get it when the snow melts on the floor and it get cold out

I think it's coming from the left side somewhere. The carpet under the passenger seat gets a little wet. It could be coming from the A pillar, not sure. Also, the truck is 10 years old, so maybe the gaskets have seen better days.
In all honesty, I think I am going to trade the truck in for either a 2015 Jeep SRT 8, (if I can afford it), or a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4 regcab/short bed. I'll wait till the end of February for my birthday and place my order.