Grab handle repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
So I got the kit the lonestar suggested but I hit a snag my drivers side bolts will not come out does anyone have a clue what to do. I used an impact wrench but the little brass fiting that the bolt screws into just keeps spinning so I'm at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had this done for a couple months now, they actually sell air hose reducer fittings that you don't have to saw anything off and can thread into the plastic end. Get 2" #12 bolts and a couple washers to make up the difference. Hose clamped, and superglued for good measure and it holds tight.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When you tighten those 10MM bolts, don't put a ratchet on the extension. JUST HAND TIGHT!

This will prevent the plastic from getting thinned out from the pressure.

sailUSVI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Reviving this ol’ thread.....

price from Amazon was 36 bucks as stated earlier in this thread, it is now 75 bucks....that’s a crazy price increase in 4 years.

I’m looking for a fix for my passenger grab handle

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Agree completely with Lonestar, Three years ago my brother broke the passenger side handle and landed on the pavement in a parking lot. I bought the repair kit and a new passenger handle from Geno's, installed it all and haven't had a single issue since then. Easily worth every penny and today's price is about the same as three years ago. Fortunately my brother wasn't hurt.

Mike