Green...green...GREEN ... Dash is done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
A HUGE thank's to Rocket for the dash cubbie pocket!!!

That thing is a PITA to find. I know now that I have one re-installed the old one will show up smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

Picked through all the paints out there and found one that matched my seat cover pipping pretty close. Grabbed some acrylic sheets and cut the two inserts for either side of the CB and for the empty spots in the dash gauge pod. Those are simply taped in so when I get my Rail Pressure and pre-turbo EGT I can pop them out with little hassle.

The only reason I will pull that bezel again is if I decide to change out to LED bulbs. I'm done playing with this part.

close up
IMG_4079.jpg

full dash
IMG_4083.jpg

full cab
IMG_4078.png

gauge pod
IMG_4080.png

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Thats pretty sweet , good work

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Looks good, dont see alot of trucks with a center dash pod for gauges.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
wow that is amazing

OP
OP
L

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
Looks good, dont see alot of trucks with a center dash pod for gauges.

A lot of the diesel guys use them. With an auto you really need at least 4 gauges (EGT, Boots, Trans temp and either Fuel Pressure for the 2nd gens or Rail Pressure for the Common Rails). There just isn't enough room on the pillar for them.

I currently have Post turbo EGT (to keep temps in check for the Jake Brake), Fuel Pressure, Trans temp, and boost. I need to add Rail Pressure and a Pre-Turbo EGT. Hence the reason for two openings. Future growth is an expensive but needed item :)

Thanks guys. The color of the inserts really ties my seat covers in. I need to pull the doors apart this summer and cover the stupid wood grain. They are heat sealed so they can't just be unscrewed and taken out. So I'm gonna have to take the entire door apart paper / tape and paint. It's gonna be a lot of work. But it will be the last step to finish the interior.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Pics of the seats ? I would like to see the design

OP
OP
L

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
Just Wet Okole's gray w/ green pipping

IMG_1245.jpg

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
what did the dash look like before im confuzzled theres so many diff dash's it seems...but as is it looks great, and i give you props for keeping them seats clean....

OP
OP
L

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
Don't give me to many props for cleanliness ... that was taken the day they were installed :D But the Wet Okoles do clean up EASY!!!!

Stock dash was the wood grained. I got the silver bezel from a friend. The silver was installed when the CB was installed. Putting the CB in the dash pocket under the stereo required cutting the bottom lip of the bezel. So there was a gap on either side of the CB for a while.

I didn't finish it up the day I did the CB install because I'm a dope and some how lost the dash pocket next to the HVAC controlls. My trans temp gauge had been in that hole, so the pocket went into the shed. No freaking clue where it went though.

So when Rocket found a bezel w/ a pocket on it still I grabbed it up from him. That motivated me to get the inserts done to cover the openings next to the CB.

I just did the gauge cluster for giggles to add some more green :D