Help!!! Rear Passenger door lock quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just noticed recently that my rear passenger side door lock had quit working. It doesn't work with the key fob or the door switch on the inside. I actually took the door apart to look and all I could see where the levers. It still moves manually. So the question is how do I replace it and getting it to work again?

Thanks in Advance

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
heres a break away view of the door. Do you have power going to the actuator?
2008-04-01_141022_door_switch-1.gif

*this is a front door but gives you the general info.*

ram702

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The same thing happend to me, same door. But at first, when ever i locked it with the key, or i hit 15 mph and it automatically locked, it made a really loud noise. Then it just stopped working but the noise continued. We just took it to a shop and they fixed it. I think they said it was the actuator

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Some times the wires that go from the B post to the door in the rubber tube gets cut...causing the windows and the locks to stop working...

the windows still work.. that was the first thing I tried

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The same thing happend to me, same door. But at first, when ever i locked it with the key, or i hit 15 mph and it automatically locked, it made a really loud noise. Then it just stopped working but the noise continued. We just took it to a shop and they fixed it. I think they said it was the actuator

Do you remember what it cost you to get it fixed?

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the exact same problem. Drivers side back door though. I just have to find one. In all reality, that door doesn't get used much so I haven't really worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i think i have also seen where it could be a problem with the board on the drivers door.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you are all missing the obvious solution.

Lock the door, stop using it. You have THREE other doors. Jeez!

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I think you are all missing the obvious solution.

Lock the door, stop using it. You have THREE other doors. Jeez!

I've already done that *******!!! I use all my doors since I have younger sisters that I have to pick up and use it on a daily basis to get stuff in and out of. Plus what is the sense of having FOUR DOORS if you can only use THREE hmm that makes a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
i think i have also seen where it could be a problem with the board on the drivers door.

I've actually fixed that problem since the window lock quit working about a couple months ago. Thanks for the suggestion though

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hey take it easy guys!

If the lock isn't working, replace the actuator. You can buy the parts from rockauto.com or online or ebay. It's not hard, as I converted my 04 from manual locks to auto locks.

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey take it easy guys!

If the lock isn't working, replace the actuator. You can buy the parts from rockauto.com or online or ebay. It's not hard, as I converted my 04 from manual locks to auto locks.

My problem I can't seem to see where the actuator is actually at. Did you need any special tools. This is all I was asking and I get a little upset when people put in dump responses that don't help.. Sorry for the overreaction