Hvac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcconnahea.matt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know that the topic of vent issues has been discussed at length on many forums, but I cannot seem to figure out my issue. I have an 07 2500 quad cab 5.7 Hemi that has what I thought was the blend door issues that plague these trucks. I have air coming out of only my vents. I have removed the dash and the mod 1 door is still there and operational. I can turn it with my fingers and the air comes out of the defrost. So them I thought that maybe it was the actuator/motor, so I replaced it. Now it comes out of the defrost only when it wants to. Most of the time it is coming out of the vent, but on occasion it will switch to the defrost. I'm not sure where to look next. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe the control switch unit? I replaced mine on my 08. Before I replaced it I could only change the fan speed. It was also stuck on the highest heat setting and only defrost/floor mode.

OP
OP
M

mcconnahea.matt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That was what I was thinking of replacing next, I just wanted to be sure before I spent $150 on a new one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Berserker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the new control unit fix the problem?

G8rDuc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested also. Dual zone unit in mine and the heat/cold and zone selector are all acting up. And the light in it doesn’t work anymore. Expensive part, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk