HVAC Head Scratcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotrod2175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V-8 HEMI
A month ago I bought a 2005 Ram 1500, 5.7L HEMI, SLT quad cab and everything worked fine. Two weeks ago a/c and heater controls quit working, the fan still blows but only out of the floor and front vents, temp don't change in either zone when I slide the selectors, heated mirrors quit working, and the three little buttons across the top no longer light up. I can't fnd any blown fuses or relays, I have taken the dash apart and tested for power at the two connectos attatched to the back of the control assembly and have 12 to 13 volts DC. I took it to the dealer to have it scanned for fault codes in order to narrow down the problem but they said there was no communication with the PCM and they couldn't read anything at all. Does anyone know of a way to test the actual head unit to see if it is bad before spending $200 on a new one and it not be the problem ?

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be one of the blend doors as well. Difficult to diagnose without the proper scan tool.

OP
OP
hotrod2175

hotrod2175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V-8 HEMI
Well I have good news....I purchased a new control assembly, put it in and all is well. Everything seems to be working now.