ID This Harness Socket, Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
IMG_0096_zpsqpqfxxjm.jpg

It's located above the e-brake and between the e-brake pedal arm and the footwell trim. This picture was taken through the opening in the side of the dash as I was replacing the headlight switch.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Could be for a brake controller for a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Core-Lokt

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
That was what I guessed. If so, I wonder if it needs anything to be functional. My truck didn't have a towing package, so no controller pigtail.

I put in a brake controller when the truck was new, although I never liked how the wires had to be run. I'll look up the controller pigtail and see if the shape corresponds with the harness socket. Thanks!

EDIT: Here's a video Brake Controller Install that shows it's a blue socket for brake controller, however you can also see the socket I took a picture of in the video by the e-brake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Core-Lokt

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I believe this is connector C201. It seems that the corresponding harness is for a sunroof and lighted vanity mirrors. I did not test any pins for power on this socket.

On the other side of the dash, behind the glove compartment is a five or six-pin plug. Depending upon options, it seems to be for possibly a mirror microphone/auto-dim mirror and clearance lights. It's number is C206 and in case anybody needs an interior switched light, I checked all the pins and Pin 2 is definitely on the light switch.

EDIT: I tested it and three of the small pins are IGN ON-switched. None seem to be switched via the lights and I presume the larger pins are for a sunroof. Might need a fuse or relay to energize those pins.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01