Instrument cluster bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1995

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Hey guys I have a 03 ram that has a few bulbs out on the instrument cluster. I was looking into maybe switching over to LED bulbs but not sure witch ones I need to get or even a part number for them everything I find is questionable if they'll work or not. And I also want to ask if anyone has done this switch with a different color bulb such as blue or red and did it actually change the color of numbers or does it just look the same. Thank you for reading this.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Subscribing to this for the answers. I don't care so much about changing the color, but it would be nice if they were a bit brighter.

OP
OP
R

Ram1995

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Would anyone also know what the part number for the bulbs in the climate control are also all 3 in mine are blown I would like the get LED for it also.

sposer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed the T5 bulbs in the climate control center they fit like a charm. I'll post a pic when it gets dark. I just got plain white LEDs and they appear blue through the cluster (ass much add I can tell in the day light)

I meant to do the same for the instrument cluster, but didn't have a deep well long enough to drop the steering column.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Just installed the T5 bulbs in the climate control center they fit like a charm. I'll post a pic when it gets dark. I just got plain white LEDs and they appear blue through the cluster (ass much add I can tell in the day light)

I meant to do the same for the instrument cluster, but didn't have a deep well long enough to drop the steering column.

You don't need to drop the column. I pulled the cluster a few days ago trying to fix my fuel gauge. I lowered the panel below the column, popped the piece of dash holding the light switch off, removed the center stack cover, unscrewed the cluster bezel and that gives access to two screws above and two below on the cluster edges. Last thing I did was unscrew the three Torx screws from the bottom of the column shroud and removed the top half and tilted the column down. It took me ~15 minutes.

Thanks for the numbers on the HVAC lights. I'll be interested in what you use for the cluster. I may do it, if someone finds a bulb that's plug 'n play and doesn't cause electric issues. Also would like to see pictures of what everything looks like when illuminated to tell if there's inconsistent colors. I'd like red lights, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of different colors due to cluster overlay colors.

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, that sounds a lot easier than dropping the column. I did all of that too except for removing the shroud.

I can tell you there is blue film covering the HVAC gauges, and I've read its the same for the cluster. Putting red lights in there may make it come out more of a purple. Which is why the white bulbs I put in came out blue.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good post. I need to look into brighter bulbs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the pictures I took didn't do it justice as all the gauges look the same color, even though the HVAC are blue and the rest are green. There are about 11 lights in the cluster and 3 in the HVAC controls in my '03.

And I found out I don't even need to remove the shroud as long as I have my "skinny arms" reach around and unhook the harnesses.