Interior LED accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to the pics. :) I've thought about doing orange ones in mine.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
th_IMG_2266.jpg

IN the video it just shows the music option, which will hit when the bass hits. There is also a feature that changes the lights color when the bass hits, and then the regular features such as constant on, flashing, and other modes, in color of choice. But those videos were all upside down.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That looks cool, but I think it would give me a headache especially if that was flashing when I was driving. No doubt, that's a cool mod man.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
That looks cool, but I think it would give me a headache especially if that was flashing when I was driving. No doubt, that's a cool mod man.

Thanks! They can be turned off lol. And also can be set to stay on a specific color.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I can get more videos if you want. Haha. I had more, but it turned out they were all upside down, and I can't get em flipped.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I have a couple of questions about LED accents for those that have done them.

I put 1 blue in the place where the cupholder light goes. That lights it up really nice. I had to sand it to diffuse the light some, but no biggie. I also put one in the storage bin thingy above the cupholder.

Has anyone done that? If so, how many LEDs did you use in there? I put one in the middle and it looks nice and subtle. But I have like 40 more LEDs. :naughty: I'm not trying to go crazy with them. I'm thinking I might put a few in the footwells to come on when the doors are open and when the interior lights are turned on. But how do folks wire those up? I really don't want to add more switches if I can help it.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
You can also wire them into the wire that triggers the power when the door is open for the interior lights. Probably would have to wire in resistors to make them work. I would stick with the one. LEDs are bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlackedOutHemi

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Although if I were you I would run the ones in the cup holder, and the little shelf to the headlight switch. That way they come on at night. And then the footwells to the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Nacho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do any of you know about the factory harness that is behind the AC knobs? There is a plug there for a cupholder light from the factory. If you could tap into that, that would be the best place since they would come on with your park lights. I bought me two 6 led strips from Advance the other day in red. I have them mocked up right now with masking tape in the footwells, but they look awesome, just gotta figure out how to get em hardwired in.