interior light restore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
New to the forum. Lots of good info on here. You guys are gonna keep me busy for several years with all the upgrades I am planning on. :)

Recently purchased a 2007 Mega Cab SLT with 5.9L 4x4. It only has 100k miles on it and I am in the process of going through fixing all of the small interior light issues. Cupholder light missing...glovebox light missing...hood light missing... It is my understanding that these lights are plug and play and that all you have to do is purchase the harness and bulb. I am currently trying to figure out what exact parts I need for those.

Anyhow. While im in the "interior lights" mode, I thought I would get a couple things clarified.

First..I am needing to replace the overhead console. One map light has the plastic prong broken off of the housing so the clear lens does not have anything to snap into. The other side map light is not working either because the white push button no longer has a piece of plastic to hold it secure. Appears to have broken. Mopar prices are not nice on this overhead console. Any other options here besides buy a new over head console housing?

I am wanting to replace all the interior cab lights, back seat light and cargo bed light with LED bulbs. Is there a certain manufacturer that is the easiest for plug and play? Any preference out there?

Last....the picture below is of the driver side door. That is a vanity light correct? Not just a reflector of some type? All the doors have it, but none of them work. Should I remove the door panel to verify, or should I go ahead and try ordering something for it to get it up and running? I have no clue how to remove door panel at this point, but hopefully there is something on this forum that explains that.

121715B9-AF63-441C-8283-1AEB3D0C2B2D_zpsuojkmauv.jpg

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The area behind the reflector is very shallow, it'd be a challenge to get a bulb mounted where much light would shine through, and even then it'll be red and not very useful as a vanity light.

I just installed LED's in all my interior cab lights and cargo lights, plus license plate lights. I just went on Ebay and picked up the cheapest ones that had the most diodes on them.