Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior

Interior

Leather Seat Covers - Clazzio Vs. Coverking Vs. Iggee Vs. Katzkin/Leatherseat.com

This is a discussion on Leather Seat Covers - Clazzio Vs. Coverking Vs. Iggee Vs. Katzkin/Leatherseat.com within the Interior forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
So I ended up putting my cloth seats back in and I put the 04 heated leather seats up for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2016, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: Hemi 5.7L
Default Leather Seat Covers - Clazzio Vs. Coverking Vs. Iggee Vs. Katzkin/Leatherseat.com
So I ended up putting my cloth seats back in and I put the 04 heated leather seats up for sale. I've already got a buyer, so now I want to buy leather seat covers or maybe even new leather to reupholstry to seats.

Does anyone have any pictures of Clazzio, CoverKing, Iggee (ebay) covers or any pictures of your seats Rewrapped with Katzkin or Leatherseat.com??

I can't decide which to go with, I'm thinking Clazzio as its the most popular, right now it's $75 off for black friday. Katzkin I was quoted at a local upholstery shop $1350 installed, I'm guessing leatherseats.com would be similar in price.

I'm not trying to spend over $700.

I want to go two-tone, my truck is Flame Red (PR4) with Light Grey interior so i was thinking of going with Dark Grey base with either Black or Red inserts, Perforated inserts and the Ram head logo embroidered in red in the headrests.

I can get all of that for $525 right now from Clazzio, I dont think any other option is going to be cheaper, except Iggee, which is on Ebay and would run about $430 for what I want but I've never seen anyone with them or any real reviews or pictures.

Anyone have any input, reviews, recommendations etc?

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
OnSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I went with leatherseats.com. I installed them myself. They fit perfect I have had them over a year and they still look great. I highly recommend them but not sure you would be able to stay within your budget. Never experienced the less expensive brands so can't comment on there quality. I have heard good and bad about them. I hadn't done the console lid yet when these pictures were taken so that's why it doesn't match.
Attached Thumbnails
20150605_132732.jpg   20150601_190631.jpg   20150607_104517.jpg  

2014 Quad Cab Express 4x4 3:92 LSD 8 speed
32 Gallon fuel tank, Premium Cluster, RA4 Upgrade,Heated /Ventilated Seats,Heated Wheel upgrade. Power sliding rear window,Homelink, 6" BDS lift Bilstein 5100 shocks set one notch up, 20x9 Chrome fuell Hostage wheels,Toyo Open Country AT Extreme 35x12.5x20 tires.

Last edited by Ricks Ram; 11-22-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Ricks Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Ricks Ram View Post
I went with leatherseats.com. I installed them myself. They fit perfect I have had them over a year and they still look great. I highly recommend them but not sure you would be able to stay within your budget. Never experienced the less expensive brands so can't comment on there quality. I have heard good and bad about them. I hadn't done the console lid yet when these pictures were taken so that's why it doesn't match.
That does look really nice, I'm just thinking leatherseats.com would be a tough install on my own, I've never done interior before. I've done turbo swaps, motor/tranny swaps and interior swaps but I've never messed with reupholstry so I'm not sure if I can pull it off or not.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I thought the same thing. I watched there video on YouTube and realized it's not that hard. I ordered the Hog Rings from them with the pliers and bought a 35.00 garment steamer from Walmart and it worked great. I did the back seats first to get the hang of it. I have never installed interior before so I can not say anything about the way other brands fit but these things fit perfect. Honestly I was all stressed out about doing it for nothing once I got the hang of it I enjoyed the install and actually wouldn't mind doing it again.

32 Gallon fuel tank, Premium Cluster, RA4 Upgrade,Heated /Ventilated Seats,Heated Wheel upgrade. Power sliding rear window,Homelink, 6" BDS lift Bilstein 5100 shocks set one notch up, 20x9 Chrome fuell Hostage wheels,Toyo Open Country AT Extreme 35x12.5x20 tires.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Ricks Ram View Post
I thought the same thing. I watched there video on YouTube and realized it's not that hard. I ordered the Hog Rings from them with the pliers and bought a 35.00 garment steamer from Walmart and it worked great. I did the back seats first to get the hang of it. I have never installed interior before so I can not say anything about the way other brands fit but these things fit perfect. Honestly I was all stressed out about doing it for nothing once I got the hang of it I enjoyed the install and actually wouldn't mind doing it again.
Do you live near Philly pa??? I'll pay you to help me lol
Old 11-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Default Leather Seat Covers - Clazzio Vs. Coverking Vs. Iggee Vs. Katzkin/Leatherseat.com

I went the Katskins route and love them. I did black and red to compliment my flame red Express. Hard to tell in the pics but the center is perforated with cardinal red underlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MODS: S&B CAI, Flowmaster 50, Resonators deleted with 5" MBRP Black tips, Katskins, 8.4 MOD, 2.5 TGC level with Zone Auto UCAs, Weathertechs, Sport Style projectors with drop in HIDs, Retro'd fogs with matchbox projectors, OEM LED tail smoked out......more to come
12sportmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 3.6l
12sportmc, is that center console done as well or was it already black?
TNram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Originally Posted by TNram View Post
12sportmc, is that center console done as well or was it already black?

Center is also covered. Really happy with the quality thus far. Have had them in for just over a year now.

MODS: S&B CAI, Flowmaster 50, Resonators deleted with 5" MBRP Black tips, Katskins, 8.4 MOD, 2.5 TGC level with Zone Auto UCAs, Weathertechs, Sport Style projectors with drop in HIDs, Retro'd fogs with matchbox projectors, OEM LED tail smoked out......more to come
12sportmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by OnSale View Post
Do you live near Philly pa??? I'll pay you to help me lol

Would gladly help you if I lived anywhere near you but I live in California lol.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by 12sportmc View Post

I went the Katskins route and love them. I did black and red to compliment my flame red Express. Hard to tell in the pics but the center is perforated with cardinal red underlay.

Damn I love them. I have a PR4 Flame Red 06 and I love the Katzkin and leather seats.com styles but I was quoted 1350 for the Katzkin and install and leatherseats.com the style I wanted was like 890 and then I gotta pay someone to put them in, as I'd be worried cutting holes for this and that, etc. So leatherseats.com looks like it would run about 1300 the same as katzkin. But with Clazzio, they have a black Friday special right now so I can get custom covers + heated seat package for like 475 total. 75 off the covers and 70 off the heated seats.