leather seat owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got a question. I am about to order leather for my truck that is just like the factory leather. Come to find out, factory only puts leather on certain sections of the rear and matches the rest with vinyl. Can you guys tell the difference? I cant decide.

The price for all factory black is 650, and the price for all leather is 1300 + options. These are leatherseats.com seats that I will be installing myself, they are custom made so it will take like 1 month to produce.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
My whole seat is leather but that is due to the fact that it is a 2010. Not sure about the 3rd gens.

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have leather and I've never noticed a difference. I'm gonna take a closer look after reading this though.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have leather and I've never noticed a difference. I'm gonna take a closer look after reading this though.

Let me know, because I just want to find this out myself as well.

Here are some diagrams they sent me:

"Here are the pictures of deluxe and premium. Deluxe is what you will find in Dodge’s factory leather interiors.

Regards,

Tim"

DeluxeContent03.jpg

PremiumContent04.jpg

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Its different. When my father in law and I built my console.......he schooled me on leather vs vinyl. I forgot most of it, but know that the tops were the only thing that were leather - and the backs were pretty much all vinyl, just like the pic above.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its different. When my father in law and I built my console.......he schooled me on leather vs vinyl. I forgot most of it, but know that the tops were the only thing that were leather - and the backs were pretty much all vinyl, just like the pic above.

Is it visually different though?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
nah, I couldn't see the difference. My console was done in vinyl too, everyone thought it was leather.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea, my sport edition cloth has a vinyl console. All my friends think its leather.

Think I may just get the factory leather then. Thanks guys

I got my colors picked out. am going with black leather with an insert that will match the dash (mineral grey leather). It will have red double stitching and ram logos sewn into the seats in red.

Last edited:

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Nice choice. Exactly what I would get except for the logo. Haha. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe when i get more disposable income ill upgrade my truck and get some custom made leather seat covers. hopefully the foam will last that long on the driver side.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
maybe when i get more disposable income ill upgrade my truck and get some custom made leather seat covers. hopefully the foam will last that long on the driver side.

Tom when you're ready let me know, I'll give you my guys info. I would seriously consider vinyl vs leather. And they can upgrade the foam. I had mine done.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tom when you're ready let me know, I'll give you my guys info. I would seriously consider vinyl vs leather. And they can upgrade the foam. I had mine done.

I need this done to my driver and passenger front seats, all of the other are perfect lol I want to get the memory foam for the fronts!!!

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!!

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Vinyl feels and looks almost identical to leather. They showed me all the options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can tell the difference in my Sport model. I've the bucket seats and they are two tone. The dark grey center is leather and the outside sections that are light grey are all vinyl. Pretty sad I pay for a truck that says it has leather seats and only a third of the seat is actual leather. The vinyl has started to tear and I have a puncture in the leather section on my driver seat. I've been looking to replace both the cushion cover and the backrest cover with OEM type material but haven't found anything yet. I may end up going with Katzkin later.

Here are some pics of what mine look like:

Attachments

• 006 (2).jpg
    006 (2).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 178

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^ I have the exact same seats as listed above and I wasnt very happy with the quality of the Leather neither, eventually I am going to look into Katskinz becasue that leather seems to be hard to get ahold of and pricey from where im located think I was qouted 750 just to do the bottoms of the two front seats and the pretty much just what you sit on is leather the rest is vinyl and I cant tell a difference. The upholstery shop tried to sell me on vinyl they said its less upkeep and outlast leather.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My '00 Ram seemed to have the same deal. Unless I was really upclose and personal trying to see a difference, I couldn't ever tell there was one.