Led Cubby Hole Light added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
From my heater controls down, including the drink tray is pitch black after dark, so I decided to add a LED light to illuminate it some. I purchased the light at Wet Marine for a whopping $7.94, including tax. I wired mine to light up whenever the key is on, but I suppose you could easily wire to illuminate when the lights are turned on as well.

This is the light I used.
20170902_112527.jpg

20170902_112947.jpg

I took the cover off the radio and heat/ac controls and removed the cubby hole tray. I mounted the light inside on the top, about a half inch in with 2 small screws up into the plastic. You need a small hole for the wires to thread up through in the center of the light but it will be covered by the light. Then it's just a matter of finding a power source to wire into. My truck has a plug that goes into a fitting just to the right, but it's for some option my truck don't have, and it showed power with my meter so I spliced into it.

This is what it looks like with the switch on in the day time.

20170902_140130.jpg

Now I just have to wait for dark to see how well it works, but I can adjust it by setting it in or out further if I need to.

Where is that total solar eclipse when you need it?