LED Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone I have the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Quad Cab. It has 1 DOME Light and 2 MAP Lights. I BOUGHT 3 replacement LEDs to replace them but they stay dimly light all the time and don't work like they should? Do I need a relay or resistors? What size resistors? Any help!!???!??

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
No resistors should be needed.....sounds like they are just not getting a good connection. I've replaced the dome lights and map lights in mine (02' 1500) and they work fine just by plugging them in. I'm even using the wrong bulbs technically....

So either its A) bad connection or B) bad bulbs.

Also....the LEDs will always remain a little bit on. Always. Even if the truck is off. The LED bulbs are sensitive enough that they pick up the very little current running through the system when your truck is off and have a soft glow. What happens when you press your map lights?

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I have the lights on thru the main control they turn on. When the control is off and they are barely dimmed I press one Map and they both come on. What brand LEDs do u have? I just got the $5 ones from advanced auto parts

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No resistors should be needed.....sounds like they are just not getting a good connection. I've replaced the dome lights and map lights in mine (02' 1500) and they work fine just by plugging them in. I'm even using the wrong bulbs technically....

So either its A) bad connection or B) bad bulbs.

Also....the LEDs will always remain a little bit on. Always. Even if the truck is off. The LED bulbs are sensitive enough that they pick up the very little current running through the system when your truck is off and have a soft glow. What happens when you press your map lights?
What LEDs did you get? Sorry I didn't message you back the right way. New to this app

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
I just got some cheap LEDs off of Amazon. No idea what the brand was.

They will always be dim and slightly on, even if the interior switch is set to off. Like I said, they pick up on very little current and will stay dim.

As for both Map lights turning on when you try and turn one on....I have no idea lol. That is strange.

OP
OP
clabudie

clabudie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got some cheap LEDs off of Amazon. No idea what the brand was.

They will always be dim and slightly on, even if the interior switch is set to off. Like I said, they pick up on very little current and will stay dim.

As for both Map lights turning on when you try and turn one on....I have no idea lol. That is strange.
Alright thanks for all the help

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Yeah sorry I couldn't help more. My suggestion to you is to pick up a different pair from superbrightleds.com and try them.

They are the best LEDs on the market. So if you still have problems with those, it will help narrow down whats wrong.

Jacagard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
your leds are fine. you do however need a resistor! mine did the same exact thing till i put a resistor on them. I will look tomorrow and see what i ended up using

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
Im interested in what size resistor is needed for this also. I would like to do the same thing to my 03.

Superbrowndude

Reaction score
Ram Year
04 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thread revival! What was the solution for this.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im interested to know what resistors as well dealing with same issue