LED Lighting Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awfarley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, so I have a thing for LED lighting. Back in 2012 I bought a new Camaro and ended up putting over $2000 in LED lighting in it. Since then I've installed lights on boats, trucks, cars, trailers and anything else that supports 12V. I've been super busy with work/college/the house/the wife and family since buying my Ram but now it's time to start adding LEDs to it.

I'm starting this thread because I want suggestions on what/where to install lights on my truck. I have over 750ft of LED strip lighting, 2000 ft of wire, tools, and a decent camera to record video for DIY installs. I started a small business venture a year ago and have more supplies than I know what to do with now.

I already have plans to add two 12" pieces in my footwells and two 24" pieces along my 'A' pillar, I'm thinking blue LEDs but don't know yet. I'm gonna link them in with my dome circuit and make a short video showing how to do it.

I may end up doing an RGB setup and putting them all on infrared control. What I'm looking for is new ideas on where to put them and once I install I'll make a video showing how. Y'all have anything particular you'd like to see?

Here are some pictures of lights I've installed for reference.

Attachments

• LED pic 9.jpg
    LED pic 9.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 60
  • LED pic 8.jpg
    LED pic 8.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 57
  • LED pic 5.jpg
    LED pic 5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
  • LED pic 4.jpg
    LED pic 4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 56
  • LED pic 3.jpg
    LED pic 3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
A

awfarley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got any pictures of the Tundra with the led off?

I have some, but only from when it was for sale. You couldn't see the lights even if you tried to find them. They were recessed into the top of the bumper in a lip that was there from the factory.

And obviously if you don't like LEDs the other option it to not comment, cd...
I'll never understand that.

leonard12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
put some under the seats, like inside the plastic molding I am thinking about doing that to mine.

Elfster55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested on how u go about adding the lights thinking about putting some in my 07

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have some, but only from when it was for sale. You couldn't see the lights even if you tried to find them. They were recessed into the top of the bumper in a lip that was there from the factory.
That looks freaking sweet! I love it.

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Awfarley--

Where did you purchase your LED's? they are bright!

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking about doing an amber scanner bar on the front of mine.... Not sure if it might be a bit to much tho?

Mack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I have a 02 dodge ram, and ive installed 2 green LED strips under the hood, so when they are on, it shines down and gives off a nice look. s5wf35.jpg

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Im planning on doing something like that to mine in red thought about it anyway but I have Added A Custom Under Hood Light That Puts Out As Much Light As A 2 Bulb 4Ft Fluorescent light Fixture

These two Strips Are Still On Hood Switch So They Go Out Atuomaticly with closing of hood