led swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your's will be fine. The one with the soldered bulbs is the dual climate control module.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
update one of the bulbs i got was **** so im one down in the guage cluster. ill have to order a new one. i have a few pics but want to wait to post the when its all done.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol you two keep fighting over who does it, sounds like neither of you two want to.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
no i want to but he already has, my wife informed me she was working every night this week so she is asleep all day and i have the kids. i have about 85 pics to sort out and pick what i want to use for the write up. i was suggesting nim because he has already done this and has the more common hvac.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want pics of the hvac I'll take some when I put in the wax paper tom

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that will be helpful daniel. i would like for this to be all inclusive as there are different packages. i dont have 4x4 but i will include that as well

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
LAME ! the T1.5's for the climate, fan speed and position bulbs don't fit in there. They hit the clear plastic piece that spreads the light around (aka the bulb is too long before it can twist lock).

Didn't take the instrument panel off because I gota get my a** to work but definitely after work today I'm going at it.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They fit man you just gotta finagle em in there

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
it was a tight squeeze getting the overhead lights in too but they went.

here is a teaser. the pics dont do it justice. the light behind the 1k rpm is out bc one of the bulbs was damaged. i still havent had the time to get my hvac done

DSC_0035.jpg

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Sweet...that looks great Did you buy blue leds or white? I thought I read on DT that just replacing the stock bulbs with white leds would make it blue because the stock bulbs are more yellow than white. But if you use blue replacements maybe it's a deeper a blue.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i read that too. i went with the blue to match my hu and some other leds i have inside, i did however buy one white that i am going to put in the hvac with 2 blue to see how it looks. the blue leds WILL NOT light up the red on HVAC the white WILL. rubberfrog put it best it is a tinkerin mod not really as clear cut as it should be

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used white, they are a little more blue than this pic
038.jpg

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
wow mike i like them i guess i need a link to see this **** and prices pls i guess its something im gonna have to do....

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
actuall trup may not have been i was pulling stuuf in and out. let me check

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LEDs are notoriously hard to photograph. You really gotta see em in person

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
hey guys im still working on all of this. but dont by the roscolux night blue #74. i sould have a 20x24 sheet soon as they ship. i paid 11.something shipped so we can divey it up for some cheap shipping and handling. ill know how much it takes per vehicle when i get it.

here jay

Overhead console
Leds----Qty-3 B8.5D

HVAC
Leds----Qty-3 Neo04x

Dash/Cluster
Leds----Qty-11 B8.5D

just for info there are 11 on the 02-05 models and 5 on the 06+
if you have remote keyless entry the 11th blub is under the REF box on back of the cluster

Headlight switch
Leds---Qty-1 120 degree #74wled-w-x 0.60 this is white

SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories

you can do white or blue. i did blue and the pics do it no justice. it is ****** awesome at night. if you guys are doing this feel free to ask questions to me awedaniel or nim81. george has done this as well. im working on the write up but would like for it to be complete.

Last edited: