"Light out" light on???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it just started the other day where out of no where my "light out" light came on my dash. I checked all my lights plus blinkers and nothing. I turned the lights off and then back on a couple times and light went away.

Well it came back yesterday and has not turned off, not even if I do the on/off with lights or anything. Anyone know what can be causing this if no bulbs is out?

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bad contact in a socket. Mine does it on left brake light. I just smack housing and it's fine for a while. Till I can pull it and fix it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May sound dumb, but would the contact me dirty or loose? Just so I am take everything apart and thoroughly check so I know which is the failed one.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe mine are both a little loose and dirty. I plan on cleaning them, bending it back right and then put some bulb grease on it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Might want to look into the circuit board for the lights. Best solution for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fixed! Took taillight off and cleaned out the connections and it worked! Next on list is to replaced the rusted as all get out screws with either stainless or zinc coated.