Lights wired to door/ how to make it work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsPastYa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have some led strips that i want to put on the bottom of my doors. I want to wire them so they will only turn on once the door is opened. I know that when you open the door, the overhead lights inside turn on, so i kind of want it to be like them. So if anyone knows how i would be able to do this please tell me! Just to make them turn on when the door is opened, then off once its shut for a few seconds.

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
I have some led strips that i want to put on the bottom of my doors. I want to wire them so they will only turn on once the door is opened. I know that when you open the door, the overhead lights inside turn on, so i kind of want it to be like them. So if anyone knows how i would be able to do this please tell me! Just to make them turn on when the door is opened, then off once its shut for a few seconds.

Just wire them into your foot lamps. They will come on and off the same time as your foot lamps.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
theres a certain wire in your a-pillar that runs your overhead lights, i just cant remember which one it is exactly, alot of guys wire puddle lights and such to it. Maybe a quick google search can result in the exact wire.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
if you look on the back end of your door jamb, there is a little button looking thing, that is the kill switch for the dome lights, and you can pull the panel off from behind it. then tap into those wires, and you should be good to go!

pressed (door closed) is off, and popped out (door open) is on

OP
OP
C

CumminsPastYa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
if you look on the back end of your door jamb, there is a little button looking thing, that is the kill switch for the dome lights, and you can pull the panel off from behind it. then tap into those wires, and you should be good to go!

pressed (door closed) is off, and popped out (door open) is on

Is it that little oval-ish black rubber piece on the inside of the door on that flat part?

jannmblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I just did puddle lights on my 08 1500, I tapped into the wires going up the driver side A-pillar. Its a yellow wire with blue tracer. There are 2 of them, I picked one and tested with a volt meter and it worked for me when I opened and closed the doors. The hardest part of wiring it all in was fishing the wire through door with the factory harness.

wedge775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I picture of this mysterious door switch would be nice. I looked all over my 04's doors looking for a switch of smoe sort and have yet to find one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963