Map Light Housing and Air Conditioner Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teknekal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flex-fuel 4.7-liter V-8
I own a 2007 Flex-fuel 4.7-liter V-8 Ram 1500 with two interior problems.

First, on occasion when I start my truck and turn the A/C on it does not turn on unless I bang on my dash. I would like to know if there is a connection somewhere that is loose or something needs to be replaced.

Second, the plastic housing around the compass and map lights has a plastic stub that holds the light covers on. I do not want to have to buy a brand new housing for $150 just because of a broken stub. Also, there are no junkyards near me that have a matching model. I want to know if there is an alternate housing that I can install or if there is some way to repair the stub that the light cover clips on to.

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What doesn't work with the a/c? Cold air or the blower? Maybe use some JB Weld on the plastic stub.

Navarabr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the 4.7 I heard that the connectors under the steering wheel column tend to be a problem, try wiggling the plugs under your steering wheel with the A/C on and see if it come on and off as you're moving it.