MDI Upgrade Seat Foam Are Bench seats same as Bucket seats on 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roundman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last year I posted a question about upgrading the seat foam in the Driver's seat. At that time 1AAuto (as well as one Ebay vendor) offered a MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate) foam upgrade for seats "without Occupant Classification System" and they told me that the MDI foam upgrade that they offered would not work for my seat (which has a M9 Cloth 40/20/40 Premium Bench seat....common to Rams, I think).

Now they offer an MDI foam upgrade for seats WITH the OCS but they specify that only for bucket seats.... When I look at my Ram Parts List I see that the OEM foam is the same for BOTH the Bench seat and the Bucket seats (OEM part #05178109AA ) It is apparent to me that the Ram bench seat is just two bucket seats with the jump/console seat in the middle....so it seems that the foam offered for the bucket seat would also work for my bench seat....

Thus, in an effort to verify my assumption, my question is whether anyone has used this new MDI foam replacement cushion for their bench seat? The 1AAuto part number is 1AISU00516 and is listed on their web site as a direct replacement for my 05178109AA OEM foam....but only for bucket seats with OCS...??? I simply MUST replace my foam (trying to repair it failed)!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have not used these but i would just go by part number, they say it replaces OEM #__________ then it should be the same