need heater and door lock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROXTAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have an 03 Cummins and my heater/ac works but I cannot control the direction of air flow. Ilooked all over online and couldn't find anything. My blend doors and recirculation door are fine. Can anyone please help.

Also my passenger door power lock just suddenly stopped working and I cannot roll down the window from the driver side.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
If you cannot control the flow then it is only one of 2 things. Bad doors for the heat/ac system, which is common, or bad switch. Did you check the fuses???

For the door lock the normal culprit is a broken wire in the little boot that goes from the door to the cab. Use a multimeter to check the wires in there too see if they are shorted or broken.

OP
OP
R

ROXTAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The doors seem fine. Checked the fuses and they are good and even checked the servo motors and they are good. Maybe I'll try new hvac controls.

And for the door lock I'll check that wire. It was just weird to me cuz you can lock and unlock all the other doors from that switch

Thanks for the help

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
The doors seem fine. Checked the fuses and they are good and even checked the servo motors and they are good. Maybe I'll try new hvac controls.

And for the door lock I'll check that wire. It was just weird to me cuz you can lock and unlock all the other doors from that switch

Thanks for the help

The wires for the doors are prone to failure after a time. Almost always they break in the boot. Best way to check them is too remove the door panel and then see if the switch for the door lock is getting power. Should be 12 volts on one of the wires at all times. No voltage means broken wire. Now sometimes you do not have to completely remove the door panel. Sometimes you can carefully pry the switch out of where it is mounted and gain access to the wires that way. But not sure on that seeing as my truck has n o power features in the doors except for my speaker wires.

OP
OP
R

ROXTAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ya worse case I'll throw a new wire in

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the same problem with my rear windows. Turned out multiple wires in the boot were broken. Fixed it havent had an issue since.

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I was having problems with my locks also. I checked the wires, switch, and the actuators..all good. Had the dealer look at it and they said it was a faulty instrument cluster. I have an appointment in a few days to have it replaced. I'll let yous know how it turns out. Just something else for you to look at.