Need heater help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2008 Ram Laramie Megacab and am having problems with the heater. The truck only blows luke-warm air at full operating temp. I topped off the coolant on the truck with no results. The 2 passenger vents blow noticeably colder air (when at full heat) than the 2 driver side. Any ideas?

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is the coolant up in the rad or did you just add to the bottle? if its up in the rad with engine running feel the heater hoses one should be hotter than the other but both should be very warm. If one is a lot colder your core may be plugged do you change coolant regularly? If both are hot you may have the blend door problem and will need to repair it.

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
is the coolant up in the rad or did you just add to the bottle? if its up in the rad with engine running feel the heater hoses one should be hotter than the other but both should be very warm. If one is a lot colder your core may be plugged do you change coolant regularly? If both are hot you may have the blend door problem and will need to repair it.

Yes coolant is in the radiator. I will check the hoses as soon as possible though

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Also want to mention truck only has 65k miles. Is a flush something needed at this low of miles?